• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Racing Camshafts & Tips And Tricks

motoJBracing

Cams are a special thing for special reasons, that being different applications. meaning what type and where you want your maximum torque and horse power. I have used A stock cam in my YZF R125, now 150cc, and 1 the Haen sent me and there's not much difference between the 2, but I tried a UMA cam and could not get in enough fuel to make it work, another story there. But as for a regrind, the best profile for peak power and torque seems to be a copy grind off a 2006 GSXR 600. Another profile that is popular with the guys I race is the Honda XR200 grind. Most hot cams that are not to peaky or difficult to get on the power with have a grind profile of 70>30 degree ratio in relation to the opening and closing of the valves relative to Top Dead Centre. Even a stock cam can work better that the factory set up with a 4 valve motor by retarding the exhaust closure by 4 degrees, (slotted cam wheels, UMA have them) this allows the escaping exhaust gas to help draw in more fresh fuel before they completely close, Sounds simple if you can get it right.

hubert135

CMS beats them all,
When i get back from Work in Australia ill buy a few other brands and see if any are better then CMS but so far CMS has been the best so far,
sir,is it good for stock enigne? my plan of mods are only rcdi and rcams..so is it good for stock bore? plug and play (Durable and good performance)?

xclickclickx

Veteran
sir,is it good for stock enigne? my plan of mods are only rcdi and rcams..so is it good for stock bore? plug and play (Durable and good performance)?
Hey There,
I went straight from stock engine internals to highly modified, so im not to sure what works best on a stock bore but there is a post on this website that should tell you details

HKholic

A recent update for ya "E". Picked up a custom grind cam from TDL yesterday. If you remember, he is the one that fitted a CBR150 head on an Exciter. Damn good cam! Gives up just a little to the CMS on the bottom. Comes on at about 3.5k rpm, but the top end is ridiculous. It pulls very hard up to 12k rpm so far. Seems to hit at about the same point, around 6.5k rpm. And also has decomp slot. :thumbsup: I am going back to decomp setup, bike being real hard to start lately. The big bore stroker killed the starter clutch. Cam - 900k vnd. :D Looking forward to doing a little playing with you upon your return to HCM. (yes, I could have pm'd you this but wanted to share with all)
9bcbcd1be64b0c295b21e2e7b520c3eb_53611588.image1362059622572v.jpg

motoJBracing

standard R125 head size 19/16, but it has been ported and throated on the intake side and the valves cut, also singh grooved and surface ground to raise comp.

motoJBracing

no DUDE, it's general discussion and that's what we are having, ...you wanta talk cams, go ahead. seat to seat, overlap or full open duration, lift even. Valves and heads are definitely part of the conversation or it's no point talking about racing camshafts, tips and tricks, is it.

And if anyone is interested in the topic, it dose not hurt to let them know whats out there, I don't give a stuff if I sell the head or not, but if someone's wants a racing camshaft, I have a racing head to go with it. Cheers

xclickclickx

Veteran
A recent update for ya "E". Picked up a custom grind cam from TDL yesterday. If you remember, he is the one that fitted a CBR150 head on an Exciter. Damn good cam! Gives up just a little to the CMS on the bottom. Comes on at about 3.5k rpm, but the top end is ridiculous. It pulls very hard up to 12k rpm so far. Seems to hit at about the same point, around 6.5k rpm. And also has decomp slot. :thumbsup: I am going back to decomp setup, bike being real hard to start lately. The big bore stroker killed the starter clutch. Cam - 900k vnd. :D Looking forward to doing a little playing with you upon your return to HCM. (yes, I could have pm'd you this but wanted to share with all)
View attachment 25365
awesome if thats limited stock would you be able to get me one, and ill sort out the cash when i get back, Has the Uma SuperHead released in Vietnam yet? i would like to compare that to the head im running now,

xclickclickx

Veteran
are cms and uma has a similar lift and duration? need some advice, what cam did perform very well? tia
i havnt been back home working on my bike since last year but by memory they are the same lift but the duration is different, i found the Cms cam works best one week i swapped my cams everynight for 5days to compare also my father has a LC135 aswell with a very similar spec as mine so we could drag them together to see the difference and CMS cams always won but thats only out of all the ones ive tried from my post on Page 1

Cesar Ablao

Super Veteran
i havnt been back home working on my bike since last year but by memory they are the same lift but the duration is different, i found the Cms cam works best one week i swapped my cams everynight for 5days to compare also my father has a LC135 aswell with a very similar spec as mine so we could drag them together to see the difference and CMS cams always won but thats only out of all the ones ive tried from my post on Page 1
so youre still using the 1st cms cam sir? how about the new cms cams with "t" mark sir? any feedback?

Oh my mistake..:D

By the way, I have a friend and informed me that YOLAC racing here in pasig already doing the camprofiling job!!:eek::thumbsup: and they like or should I say really love to modifiy Sniper UB's..:rolleyes::D I'm also near JETRON racing shop.. if you're familiar with both of them..
sir, may i ask where's the exact location of jetron racing shop? im from pasig also, i would like to add some upgrades on my mc. planning to add rcdi,rcams, and rvalves springs only, do they have those parts sir? planning to buy and install it to them, may i know also if u have an idea how much it will cost the parts and the installation? tia,