• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Racing Camshafts & Tips And Tricks

ianghol

Super Veteran
CMS = good from low mid to high..power can be feel from low rpm till you reach the max..
UMA high CAM=(base on what i have research frm vet and guro here, and exp on frnds bike i tried)gud n mid to high..power can be feel from half throttle to WOT..
S4evo = (base on exp.)good from low to mid and a bit on top..power can be feel from low rpm to mid and gives quite good top speed..
K1(new version) = (base on exp. bit hard to tune the carb in this cam)good power from near mid to max..there is a power lag near half throttle in last gear when u try to twist slowly to WOT..(maybe its bcoz i did not get the proper tune of the carb)

CMS for nowin my bike..feels like stock camshaft..power delivery is fair from low to max..

all camshaft are very good..find something which one will satisfy your need and what you feel best..
everyone has deffrnt taste and feel..
try your frnds bike, know the installed parts..
and dcyd what brand to buy
parts are hard to find and hard to sell..:D:thumbsup:

snaphy_11

sir hm
It depends on the racing cam that you will install.. Kawahara K1 and Vixion Cam are plug and play and no need to do piston deck pocketing,, I don't know if there are other cams that are plug and play beside them..If you want K1 cam, I have here..:D heheheh High lift cams requires piston deck pocketing, to avoid collision of your in/ex valve and piston deck.. If you will not do this,, kaboom..:D

I'm also from pasig.. and I'm very near to JETRON..:D :rolleyes:
is he K1 rcams im from malabon pm me tnx i need that to beat the tmx 150cc mdified.

Kershe

Just installed a uma high cam, before installing, my engine dont have a tick sound. But after i installed it, it have a light tik tik sound. I didnt change the valve clearance, i just literally plug n play it. Can be the tik sound remove? Or is it normal? Tia

bhek_21

Super Veteran
Just installed a uma high cam, before installing, my engine dont have a tick sound. But after i installed it, it have a light tik tik sound. I didnt change the valve clearance, i just literally plug n play it. Can be the tik sound remove? Or is it normal? Tia
It can be lessened sir with proper valve clearance adjustment..;):thumbsup:

mac kevin

Super Veteran
CMS = good from low mid to high..power can be feel from low rpm till you reach the max..
UMA high CAM=(base on what i have research frm vet and guro here, and exp on frnds bike i tried)gud n mid to high..power can be feel from half throttle to WOT..
S4evo = (base on exp.)good from low to mid and a bit on top..power can be feel from low rpm to mid and gives quite good top speed..
K1(new version) = (base on exp. bit hard to tune the carb in this cam)good power from near mid to max..there is a power lag near half throttle in last gear when u try to twist slowly to WOT..(maybe its bcoz i did not get the proper tune of the carb)

CMS for nowin my bike..feels like stock camshaft..power delivery is fair from low to max..

all camshaft are very good..find something which one will satisfy your need and what you feel best..
everyone has deffrnt taste and feel..
try your frnds bike, know the installed parts..
and dcyd what brand to buy
parts are hard to find and hard to sell..:D:thumbsup:
as per experience of yours... what cam you've mentioned was easy to tune using stock carb compared to the rest? or what cam is fit to the phrase "plug n' play"

mac kevin

Super Veteran
s4evo for stock carb and stock jets..and few adjustments on a/f screw..:thumbsup:..tolerable
but other said, faito s4evo worn out easily is this true or hoax? I hav a k1 black cam but i find it hard to tune, need some carb repair kit (need 2 seats of kit for 2 carbs) to tune it properly but sadly pricy for me..:( i dont want to buy by pieces coz the more it becomes pricy, u know mikuni jets are not available in local market,

Last edited:

jangbest

it depends on the valve clearance bro 1`m also using a uma highlift cams tha black cams with decom sounds like stock i dont know what is the valve clearance of it my mechanic did.

Kershe

Thanks pres! yes, mine also is black with decomp pin. wish i could visit your mechanic etivac. Or u can share the valve clearance on our ride on sunday.:D

ianghol

Super Veteran
but other said, faito s4evo worn out easily is this true or hoax? I hav a k1 black cam but i find it hard to tune, need some carb repair kit (need 2 seats of kit for 2 carbs) to tune it properly but sadly pricy for me..:( i dont want to buy by pieces coz the more it becomes pricy, u know mikuni jets are not available in local market,
false:D..faito is has a good quality..maybe:rolleyes: there is a problem that is why in some user experiencing worning out of the lobes..this may cause of lack in oil..rocker arm rollers do not turn any more..
may s4evo cam is in my frnd's bike and it is still running good untill now..
Jval is faito user.he change 60mm to 62mm after a year and still using his old camshaft, faito low cam advance..:thumbsup:

ianghol

Super Veteran
k1 black cam is a bit hard to tune:thumbsup:..in my exp. i use 28mm roundslide in my black cam..try to adjust high values in the intake and exhaust..never try to set them in 6intake 8exhaust, this will make more harder to tune..try from stock values..in may case i did set the value to 10intake 14exhaust and i did, no power lag in the midle of throttle from close to WOT..35-38pj and 115mj in 28mm roundslide carb..its more in trial and error:D

mac kevin

Super Veteran
k1 black cam is a bit hard to tune:thumbsup:..in my exp. i use 28mm roundslide in my black cam..try to adjust high values in the intake and exhaust..never try to set them in 6intake 8exhaust, this will make more harder to tune..try from stock values..in may case i did set the value to 10intake 14exhaust and i did, no power lag in the midle of throttle from close to WOT..35-38pj and 115mj in 28mm roundslide carb..its more in trial and error:D
tnx a lot kol... tnx for the info, i am gladly to note this one for the future reference...

kuya_pepe

Questions:
1) do we need to pocket if cms stage 2 cams will be use?
2) who among here already tried shaving there block? Is is advisable?

Thanks