• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Racing Camshafts & Tips And Tricks

Banana

Good day to all
I have a newbie questions
I did install a kawahara black cam in my mc
and I referred it in owners manual
My question, is it ok that my valve clearance is 0.04mm in 0.05 ex?
I hear a tik tik sound, sometimes it gets higher and lower. Is it normal or is there a problem in my installation?
I hear also a chunk chunk sound and it banished when my engine gets hot and sometimes even if its not.
Hoping for your kindness replies and advices. Thank you in advance. God bless us all.

john-locke

Veteran
For assembled the bearing to the camshaft !! this is a bad technic .
Only take the camshaft to the frizer at home more 3 hours and the bearing to an oven at 150°c . this pass alone without strong force . Test it .

sprinter777

just want to share my spec v S1 cam, @150cc with 28mm carb,valvespring , racing cdi,clutch spring can give up 17hp on the rear wheel.. can rev up easily to 13000rpm and torque surge at 6500rpm and up...this cam is very good on the street, very nice performance..

coismist

Veteran
Thanks pres! yes, mine also is black with decomp pin. wish i could visit your mechanic etivac. Or u can share the valve clearance on our ride on sunday.:D
sir we have the same, im using uma high cam, i think its 5.8 lift, my bike has a tick...tick...sound also...

diego latigo

Super Veteran
hmm.. we installed my cms cam stage 2 in my bike last monday, the problem is.. just kinda lost compression in 2nd gear and its "malata na" in 3rd.. especially when you quickly squeeze the throttle.. :( please help.. thanks

currently setup
\
cms VS
rextor cdi
uma clutch spring
stock carb :D
stock pipe atm.. :p

rhoitol

Super Veteran
hmm.. we installed my cms cam stage 2 in my bike last monday, the problem is.. just kinda lost compression in 2nd gear and its "malata na" in 3rd.. especially when you quickly squeeze the throttle.. :( please help.. thanks

currently setup
\
cms VS
rextor cdi
uma clutch spring
stock carb :D
stock pipe atm.. :p
compression lost due to the duration of the cams..to compensate the lost, you need to rejet your carb or add more compression by squishing the block..imho sir..

diego latigo

Super Veteran
compression lost due to the duration of the cams..to compensate the lost, you need to rejet your carb or add more compression by squishing the block..imho sir..
-- thanks for input sir

hmmm.. i got keihin 24mm carb.. do you think it will work? or do i need another bigger one?

thanks

Last edited: