• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Howto: Lightened Magneto/Rotor

shahril

traxxas-modifier said:
hi bro

any changes in weight will increase power especially
on low rpm. for top speed im not sure...
. 1.Bro newbie here.... Just want to ask u bout whut hapen when i remove 3 alenkey with plate together??? 2.are u use same gasket re-use back or use new one when u want to assamble back??????

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
@sharil

the 3 allen bolts at the back of the magneto?
its the starter clutch. you can try remove it if you dont use
electric starter. I havent tried removing it.

you can try it and share it to us bro...

JUNEX

Super Veteran
@traxxas sir how about the balance of the engine? unbalance engine may damage the bearings.

and also how much is the brandnew magneto? "if the process fails.. :D"

Gagarinz

Does anubody can give some respon on my quote earlier?

Then, what is the max (mm) that we stilll can shave off our magneto?
IS there any different if we shave the inner side instead of the outer?

phl6684

Staff member
sory for late reply...
i remove 1.5mm only,remove the starter gear..the big one and the small one...remove the one that have 3 allen screw(dont know what it call)

for the magneto only if compared to stock magneto...huh..it is heavy..u lift both stock and lightened one..u will noticed that..hahah...

result better engine respond..quick revving..

i just dont see the 100% effect coz my clutch plate slip..(use for almost 6 month already)..if change my clutch plate..i will update..
thanks..

dinn977

Veteran
TQ TQ TQ bro phl6684... :)

p/s:beware of your clutchplate after you lighten your magneto....
hehehehe
:twisted:

phl6684

Staff member
hahah...bro..my clutch plate is already slip even b4 i lightened the magneto..hahah..

BEWARE..!!
make sure the machine shop allign it perfectly..otherwise..u know what happen...huhuhu

dinn977

Veteran
phl6684 said:
hahah...bro..my clutch plate is already slip even b4 i lightened the magneto..hahah..

BEWARE..!!
make sure the machine shop allign it perfectly..otherwise..u know what happen...huhuhu
same like me.... hahahaa :lol:

shahril

phl6684 said:
sory for late reply...
i remove 1.5mm only,remove the starter gear..the big one and the small one...remove the one that have 3 allen screw(dont know what it call)

for the magneto only if compared to stock magneto...huh..it is heavy..u lift both stock and lightened one..u will noticed that..hahah...

i just dont see the 100% effect coz my clutch plate slip..(use for almost 6 month already)..if change my clutch plate..i will update..
thanks..

hi bro.. newbie here...just want ask u,
1. u remove 1.5mm how much in RM???
2. u remove e-starter sporket big n small, so that 4t not come out leaking from e-starter moto hole??
3. whut u mean clutch plate slip???

please share... thanks>>.....

phl6684

Staff member
shahril said:
phl6684 said:
sory for late reply...

thanks..

2. u remove e-starter sporket big n small, so that 4t not come out leaking from e-starter moto hole??

the price differ from shop to shop...just make sure u trust the machine shop to shave ur magneto bro...

2. remove the 3 allen screw behind the magneto,the big starter gear also behind the magneto and the small starter gear + pin beside the starter gear...the starter(yellow one) just leave it there..there is no problem that ur 4t is leaking..

3.erm..in malay "clutch habis ler"
-peace-

shahril

phl6684 said:
shahril said:
phl6684 said:
sory for late reply...

thanks..

the price differ from shop to shop...just make sure u trust the machine shop to shave ur magneto bro...

2. remove the 3 allen screw behind the magneto,the big starter gear also behind the magneto and the small starter gear + pin beside the starter gear...the starter(yellow one) just leave it there..there is no problem that ur 4t is leaking..

3.erm..in malay "clutch habis ler"
-peace-

bro just want to check with u... did u remove the motor e starter??? and if u do remove it.. how u cover back the hole e starter???

wrg2867

does anyone do skim their hand clucth flywheel to balancing with it?
it really nice if someone take out both their magneto n flywheel put that in scale n put some picture...it would be nice!