• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

engine oil

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
No one can say what the BEST is. everyone has there own opinion of what they think is the best. What you have to do is try a few of the recommendations of others. I myself prefer ELF 10/50full synthetic. the climit here in PI is hot. it hardly ever goes to the temp of 20-25degrees cel.

I have tried Shell full synthetic, and i don't ever recommend it to anyone, i started to burn my clutch.

speedcrazy

why?? from what i know, shell is the glamour product for engine oil.. why that oil not suitable for our bike?? :roll:

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
well i guess here in PI it's Shit. because on my first time using this brand it started to burn, i was even with other riders and they could smell it. but clutch performance didn't suffer, just the burn smell. But after that time i have been using the Elf, and i haven't had any trouble.

I have heard that here in PI some Gas stations recycle there oil oil and put it into new bottles. But i'm not too sure about it, it's just something i heard.

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
"hey goff, how much is it? its hard to find here in my place.?

How much is what?? the ELF or the Shell Full synthetic?

ELF less P300.
SHELL i think P400+ don't remember. been awhile.

kaku

today, just look in harian metro. Yamaha intorduced engine oil
for all yamaha bike. Yamahalube 20w-50. They claimed, this oil is suit for all yamaha bike and also suit with the malaysia wheather..

lc-motospeed

Super Veteran
it will b good for our bike... but wat if the bike has been modded? tat'll definitely make a difference rite? haha, juz my thinking

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
20w50 is for cooler weather climates

the first set of numbers are a general use of weather conditions, I'm not a professional, so i'm just saying what i was explained is the first set of numbers are based on weather conditions, 10 for really hot climates, 15w for hot with cooler nights or some cooler days, 20 is for colder days, I'm from the states, and from what i have learned is bikes that run year round use a 20w50 oil and for bike that just run in the summer (like a sports bike) would run with a 15w50 or a 14w40 oil. it's just the thickness of the oil, the thicker the oil the harder it is to heat up and lubricate the engine.

Hope my point gets across.

lc-motospeed

Super Veteran
the W after the number stands for 'winter' grade oil, and it represents the oil's viscosity at 0 degree farenheit... low viscosity oils that pour easily at low temperatures typically have a '5W' or '10W' rating... higher viscosity motor oils that are thicker and better suited for high temperature typically have an SAE of 30, 40 or more... SAE is the other number after the W... so on my thinking i think tat bike in a cooler condition should b running wif a lower 'winter' rating to ease the heating up of oil to lubricate the engine

speedcrazy

i dont remember what type of motul.. so long time.. that is the first n last time i use it..

yes.. can try also yamahalube.. who has use it can give your comment..

CryptonX

Super Veteran
speedcrazy said:
i dont remember what type of motul.. so long time.. that is the first n last time i use it..

yes.. can try also yamahalube.. who has use it can give your comment..
i use only motul 10-40 or 15-50 pure racing oil :p :twisted: :twisted:

xelwnas

me to ........ i use 15/50 yamalube and it is perfect because we have very warm weather here in greece at summer ......
10/40 i use wen the weather is cold at winter