• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

High Intemsity Discharge Xenon lamp, anyone?

BARUA

Super Veteran
HID or more widely known as xenon lamps due to a gas inside the bulbs, have been growing immensely popular over the past few years, coming as standard or optional equipment on various European and Japanese marques.

Why is this lighting system taking over the automobile industry by storm? Apart from being brighter: at least 70% more light output than conventional halogen headlamps, it consumes only 35 watts per capsule, VS halogen’s 55 watts per bulb. In addition, it has a life expectancy of 5 times longer than standard halogen lamps (2,000 hours VS 500 hours or less).

It is very easy for a driver to distinguish a car equipped with HID or normal halogen headlamps, as HID’s lamp emits light with a slight bluish tint. HID headlamps have a longer and wider range, thus improving the driver’s fields of vision. Driver fatigue is also reduced as a road that is illuminated more brightly and widely by HID headlamps, reduces the amount of concentration needed, so drivers do not risk being weary so quickly.

A full HID system consists of:
Bulb
Ballast
Ignitor (external, integrated into ballast or integrated into bulbs)
Reflector/Projector
Lens
HID headlamps are rather sophisticated equipment. While many vendors and shops boast the facility and HID kits that can be installed to a car which does not have HID as standard, there is more to HID than just fitting a HID bulb in place of the halogen bulb. As the beam of light from a HID lamp is brighter, wider and further, the reflector or projector of the car must be aimed and aligned to ensure that it does not cause glare or affect the field of vision of other drivers on the road. The arc light source of HID headlamps is fundamentally different from that of halogen headlamps, thus HID specified optics are required to collect and distribute the light. To illustrate this point, think of it as putting on someone else’s glasses: you can probably make them fit your face, but you won’t see properly.

rooster

Super Veteran
coz i heard sum people said that hid light dont work so good when its raining..just heard it never been there...

yamaha

yes its true.. even my car has a HID philipis. its not good in rain.. u nid to use fog lamps with super yellow. super yellow is good in wet surface..

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
yamaha said:
yes its true.. even my car has a HID philipis. its not good in rain.. u nid to use fog lamps with super yellow. super yellow is good in wet surface..
wrong rooster and yamaha.
HID lighting system is the BEST LIGHTING in the world. :)
it consumes LESS power but HIGH lumens (brightness)

HID consumes only 35watts.
imagine that!
35watts consumption but has 300% more brighter than halogen.

its better than halogen, it can see best in the rain depending on
your HID lamp color temperature (K)

heres a summary:

4300K lamp = highest lumens (color white yellow, typical halogen color)
6000K lamp = super bright (white color)
8000K lamp = bluish color (Good for vanity, BAD for the rain)

i suggest to get anything between 4300K to 6000K color temperature
when you buy HID light.

4300K is the best if for safety reason because it has the HIGHEST LUMENS

NOTE:
HID has two parts:
- Ballast
- xenon lamp (bulb)

it also cost around USD$100 or more
anything below that is not HID but just a typical bulb but marketted as "HID LIKE"

See http://www.yamahat135.com/forum/viewtop ... =5201#5201
for more details

wangyo

wow iam exited coz my bro in law will bring me a HID lamp on tues and he will be the one to install it coz hes good in electrical stuff. GUys ill post a step by step photo upon installing the lamp. cant hardly wait n compare the std lamp from xenon lamp. :D :D

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
rooster said:
wow i see a toyota wish there..it's that your car traxxass??...nice
its not my car bro :) i only have motorcycle

Good luck wangyo! im sure you wont regret having HID on your bike.
please post the step by step :)

yamaha

xenon

ok! thtas wat u said.. but for my experience, my HID is not that good in wet surface. maybe super yellow HID is good..

rooster

Super Veteran
kia picanto...wow it cost about 10000 US $ here....
do you know that your car's engine is really a Hyundai engine?? :D
yes i'm sure of that coz i used to be a salesman for Hyundai automobiles..
hehehe...
KIA motors were bought by Hyundai 3-4 years ago...
since then it's just the brand but all stuff are made by Hyundai...
even the KIA mechanics buy engine parts from my Hyundai dealer sometimes..
sure coz some of the engine parts are the exactly same... :D
it's a nice car by the way..
it's the 2005 indonesian city car of the year...
best known for its low fuel consumption... :D

yamaha

hehehe. yah i know. its hyundai already. economy in fuel.. right? i put sound setup,dvd player,HID and mags.. hehe :D

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
good one yamaha.

tip:
you can put your cdi on top of the previous cdi holder.
it fits fine.

also you should bought the HID for motorcycle, you wont need epoxy since
the bulb holder will fit directly plug and play.

but anyway its good that you have HID already

btw what K rating is your HID bulb?