• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

High Intemsity Discharge Xenon lamp, anyone?

clicked

yah,had a pair of aftermarket installed in my previous bike,cbr400(Although,i gt the right watt for the bulb). Initially,there is a slight burnt smell,nt heavy...but i din care much. Later on,the socket melt,the swtich for the light is screwed.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
Dude, 35/32W are everywhere! I'm sure you can go into any mod shop or parts shop and they will have some sitting on the shelves.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
clicked said:
searchin for the white bulb 35/32W or below. but cant seems to find it.
why not use HID xenon lamps instead of increasing the wattage of your halogen bulbs?

-high wattage halogen have disadvatage like burned reflector, burned wired,
high consumption of your battery.

while hid xenon lamps is the opposite of above but More Brighter.
HID lamps will be my next modification to my t135.

but i still dont know what type of bulb t135 uses...

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
hey guys, i got a 35/35 bright white bulb on my bike and i haven't had any trouble with it getting too hot or melting any wires. but i did have a small problem with the marker lights on the lower cowl at the turn signal lights, i reversed the placement of the signal with the marker, after running about a month, the clear lens began to turn white. so i took the bulb out and put in an led.
why is it in some other countries guys are having trouble with there wires and lights melting things?
ride safe guys

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
maybe, i have 90 LED's on my bike, and i'm not done with it yet. i didn't even know i have that many on it. WOW!

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
blew up man. Literally exploded inside the casing! Had to ride home on the buzy streets at night with no lights on!! Plus had to money to buy a spare...wife did not give me any :(

Now I'm back to the stock light bulb which is good enough for me I guess untill I find a better one.

MioBikerBoyz

Super Veteran
SUre. I've got another one somewhere which fused a while back. Not much of a caption moment but if you want one, I'll go home today and take a photo.

Hey traxxas, you want a picture of the grease on my cleaning cloth as well? :D:D:D