• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

CDI dilemma.

tsunami

Super Veteran
rooster said:
tsunami said:
Cdi stock for first edition in Malaysia is powerfull enough to make Yamaha customer feel their performal about LC..

But..Cdi stock for LC around 10.2006 till now is not perfect sometimes it have problems such as low pickup and acceleration...also gonna cut-off topspeed easly..Believe it
talk only is cheap bro u can get it easy from street vendors..
got a filed fact for that??...
how come you always seem to know stuffs that we don't..
shit..talk is cheap dude :D ..
Nvm then if so...later you might know that i'm right..

wangyo

guys planning to install a kitty CDI but before i buy one. What is its real purpose aside taking out the trottle limiter? What if we just cut the std CDi limiter wiring?? would it be the same????

kamalez

Super Veteran
Wangyo - I belive you can't remove the std cdi limiter wiring,because there is no such thaing as limiter wiring. The rev limiter is already built in with the stock CDI or perhaps has been program to cut the high rev. You need to change the racing CDI, but then the fan switch has to be made manualy controlled, no more auto start!!!!!!!!!!. those who has changed the racing cdi could share

Glowplug

Veteran
Wangyo,

Kamalez is right rev limiter is built in, so if you change to other CDI you will loose some of the features but again you have to balance out what you want.

kamalez

Super Veteran
Glow plug - When you changed to racing CDI , you need to manual on the fan switch, but it is a risk, what hapens if you forget to on manual, the radiator may get overheated. Is there a racing CDI with the control the fan same as the stock but of course without the limiter

kamalez

Super Veteran
Different from the stock sensor, so that the temp sensor signal goes to setting device which will eventually on the fan on auto mode. This will be independent from cdi circuit. I am correct!!!!!!!!!!

tsunami

Super Veteran
rooster said:
ok tsunami..well lets hope everythings turns out well for all of us..
ok dude...

i have already use Cdi kitti pak nam...those Cdi just for pick-up its doesn't give topspeed if you all not use racing cam shaft...