• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Help Compression Ratio For 62mm Bore

I am new to compression ratios can someone enlighten me with this and for those who are experienced can you share whats the best compression for a 62mm bore t135?

to be used in daily/touring set up.

upon my observation I am still on low compression because my mech did something that I can still use my starter motor.

any advice please help. thanks

Subscribing..... Waiting for comment from other masters. :):coffee:
Hoping fellow member notice this post.

Thinking of squishband and gasket removal. But still needs advice. And if its ok to remove unnecessary parts like sarter motor and its gears since i will be dependent on kick start.

ianghol

Super Veteran
I am new to compression ratios can someone enlighten me with this and for those who are experienced can you share whats the best compression for a 62mm bore t135?

to be used in daily/touring set up.

upon my observation I am still on low compression because my mech did something that I can still use my starter motor.

any advice please help. thanks
62mm piston=stock head chamber..
can use e-start..
maybe your using stock camshaft or racing camshaft with decomp for easy start..

I think so. I'm Using Cms cams right now since cms have decompression. thinking about removing it? could it add performance or should i replace cams with out Decompression?

la velocidad

Bro , dont be confused with the compression ratio and with your motorcycle low compression because they are totally different. Compression ratio is the value that represents the ratio of your engine max. Volume capacity and min. Volume capacity.
Its so simple bro,
1st - compute for the volume of your engine cylinder provided that the piston is at B.D.C.
2nd - compute for the volume of the engine with the piston at its T.D.C.

Now...

1st volume DEVIDED BY 2nd volume....
Equals the COMPRESSION RATIO of your yamahaT135 engine.
- the greater comp. Ratio the better engine performance because it allows the engine to extract more mechanical energy due to high thermal efficiency.
NOTE: higher compression ratio makes engine subject to engine detonation which may cause low engine efficiency and even engine damage.

Modified comp. Ratio must not exceed the design comp. Ratio of lcT135 engine.
I think i already reach the optimum comp. Ratio of my lc T135

... hope this will help you understand more about compression ratios...

Last edited:

la velocidad

1. Bro, dont be confused with the compression ratio and with your motorcycle low compression because they are totally different. Compression ratio is the value that represents the ratio of your engine max. Volumecapacity and min. Volume capacity.
    Its so simple bro,
    1st - compute for the volume of your engine cylinder provided that thepiston is at B.D.C.
    2nd - compute for the volume of theengine with the piston at its T.D.C.

Now...

Equals the COMPRESSION RATIO ofyour yamahaT135 engine.
    - the greater comp. Ratio the betterengine performance because it allows the engine to extract more mechanicalenergy due to high thermal efficiency.
    NOTE: higher compression ratio makesengine subject to engine detonation which may cause low engine efficiency and even engine damage.

Modified comp. Ratio must not exceedthe design comp. Ratio of lcT135 engine.

John Jordan

Veteran
Bro , dont be confused with the compression ratio and with your motorcycle low compression because they are totally different. Compression ratio is the value that represents the ratio of your engine max. Volume capacity and min. Volume capacity.
Its so simple bro,
1st - compute for the volume of your engine cylinder provided that the piston is at B.D.C.
2nd - compute for the volume of the engine with the piston at its T.D.C.

Now...

Equals the COMPRESSION RATIO of your yamahaT135 engine.
- the greater comp. Ratio the better engine performance because it allows the engine to extract more mechanical energy due to high thermal efficiency.
NOTE: higher compression ratio makes engine subject to engine detonation which may cause low engine efficiency and even engine damage.

Modified comp. Ratio must not exceed the design comp. Ratio of lcT135 engine.

Bro, what is your current CR and engine set?