• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

2Cents : CBR150r and FZ150i

Devil

Yo guys, I just bought my cbr a month ago. Still getting hang on it with the clutch thing. My 2 cents:

comfortable: I think the CBR150r is more for single rider without pillion. Coz I found that the back seat is too steep and the pillion always tend to come forward making it hard for rider infront.

I've tried the FZ150i. Seriously this bike seat is much comfortable coz it's bigger and you won't have that pillion crashing forward problem. It's a cruiser.

p.s. : cbr for sporty single, fz for 2 ppl nice !

Power: CBR wins out. DOHC somehow outperform. I've tried getting to 100. It is much faster than even t135 and FZ150i (STOCK). But frequent gear changing is required. So is a hassle if you hate changing gear.

According to a friend whom bought the FZ150i. It's really a nice bike especially for cruising and mountain climbing. Coz you can do 120kmph without stressing the engine. The CBR however is more on the racing (PLS NO BIAS N DON'T COMPARE TO 2 STROKE, Any 2 stroke will beat both bike out of hell :p)

CBR 18hp. FZ 14hp. Pickup on CBR is very good compare to FZ or T135 especially on high rpm 8000rpm STOCK.

Fuel Economic: CBR wins out. Comparable but still.

Gear: Ahem.. CBR got one problem. Slippery clutch n gear. :p Is not a big problem but ....

So far the FZ got no such reported problem. I wonder if honda's bike is cursed like that. Haha.

Handling: Both are great. I really like the FZ seating position and the handle. You won't feel so much burden on your wrist especially with pillion. Ask any superbiker and cruisers. Cruisers always comfy !

Exhaust Pipe: Haha the CBR SUCK ! Hi 5 to FZ150i. The sound is fierce on FZ. I wonder if there is any road legal exhaust for the CBR. Hate the sound.

Outlook: CBR with fairing. FZ naked sexy. But FZ looks bigger coz the tank is bigger. But I like the cute slim CBR.

Price wise. 8500 with 1st party insurance for FZ150i (no double disc break, and slightly smaller tire BUT with much better grade DUNLOP).

10,400 with 1st party for the CBR. Actually I believe more people will get the FZ150i. The CBR only to the hardcore fans. Just my 2cents.. adios.. Choose wise the one that suits your preference.

Mas Catoer

Super Veteran
Interesting Bro
It is truly fair comparison.
But I still think that we should dig more out about FZ150i
As it is new. CBR is widely known by us.
I think Traxxas had posted plenty pictures of it somewhere in the forum.
Cheers :) :)

Devil

here the link to hong leong motor's FZ150i. http://www.yamaha-motor.com.my/ProductFZ150.aspx
is it me or I just like the malaysia version of this bike. looks serious eh.
those who want to try it, can go to hong bee to check it out.

some info: cbr bore up kit. 175cc bore up kit strictly for street use. the 200-250cc is for motogp not wise for street use coz of heating problem.

135lcSS

Super Veteran
hey devil..u better w8 for the YZF R15 be4 u post this forum..after the R1 150 hv come to malaysia then u post between CBR150 VS YZF-R15..now that's interesting

Devil

Haha. I won't even dare to compare. That model hp is around 24 ! That's a whole lot faster even compare to a modified cbr. But it won't make it to malaysia shore coz it will be tooooooo expensive that you'll probably go for a bigger cc bike with the same amount of money.

The YZF R125 cost around 30k if it ever arrive in malaysia. Don't think it cost less for R15. I'll get the new ninja 250r for that price.

kamalez

Super Veteran
it sole depends on you, you extra bucks go for it.
but get some review from people whom using the bikes
and is there a discusion forum for this bike especial for the CBR

135lcSS

Super Veteran
i've asked the bike shop..i asked him ..and i told him if i wanna trade in my T135 ..with FZ150i...then he asked me...how much ur gonna sell ur bike..then i say..RM5k..then he say okay..u juz need to add 4k more..when i think about it ....better buy the head and block from haen...only RM2k including shipping

kamalez

Super Veteran
I heard many say the same, why have to spend another 4-5k when trade in you're 135 with FZ150i when upgrade to 150cc will cost more cheaper
wise choice!!!!!
but all depends on individual

135lcSS

Super Veteran
Mas Catoer..ur so gay..haha...hmm i think we better choose in upgrading it..it still have fuel injection and diasil injection..hmmm..i dont know its up to u...coz ur the holding the CASH!!!

kirana

Super Veteran
then just buy the 150cc original block set lah, is very cheep what!! for now i am happy with my bike event the CBR or the 150 is at the same row at the trafic light,i know they will be looking at my X1R tail light all the way,hahahahahahahaha,and i still save that RM4500 to do something to my car.
OK last offer RM 460 for the YAMAHA 150CC original piston/block set :shock: . only 3 set!!!! not including shipping and only to Malaysian. and if u r my buddy i still can give u much more lower price :p :p . this offer is only for 1 week .start from now. :mrgreen: