• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Problem In 1st Gear.

i haven't use my bike for 2 months so i started cleaning my engine.. after a test ride i notice that when i twist the throttle in 1st gear its having a hard time giving a push or power (kinakapos). sorry i don't know the term.. it only happen on 1st gear.. when i shift on 2nd 3rd 4th its fine.. hope someone can help me out.

Paladin

Super Veteran
i haven't use my bike for 2 months so i started cleaning my engine.. after a test ride i notice that when i twist the throttle in 1st gear its having a hard time giving a push or power (kinakapos). sorry i don't know the term.. it only happen on 1st gear.. when i shift on 2nd 3rd 4th its fine.. hope someone can help me out.
Try to clean you carb using carb cleaner. This shoud work.

i tried to remove the carb from the frame then remove the top cover together with the needle.. and brush the inside with gasoline.. i haven't remove the bottom part of the carb.. because its hard to unscrew the 4 bolts.. do you think that the dirt that causing the clogging is in the bottom part where the floats are located?

Paladin

Super Veteran
i tried to remove the carb from the frame then remove the top cover together with the needle.. and brush the inside with gasoline.. i haven't remove the bottom part of the carb.. because its hard to unscrew the 4 bolts.. do you think that the dirt that causing the clogging is in the bottom part where the floats are located?
Its at the jettings... Clean the jettings as well.

MCKLEIN81

Up!! same problem with my bike, on my first gear and make a throttle its sound like "takatakatak" before moving my bike but on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear there is no problem.. its only happen in my first use (every morning and leaving out the office even i make engine warm up for about a minute) but wen the engine is hot no problem at all its smooth the "takatak" sound is gone.. my bike carb already cleaned by a 3s shop mechanic.. but still experiencing the problem..

Your feedback here is highly appreciated.. thank you!

NextLevelSaibot

If you don't start the bike and leave gasoline in the carb and the tank, you'll get a lot of gum deposits especially in the carb's passageways and jettings. That's usually the green powdery stuff you see sticking on the sides or at the bottom of the float bowl. This is especially annoying if you use unleaded gasoline. For some reason unleaded gasoline gums up worst than premium gasoline. Cleaning or brushing the carb's inside won't be much help. It's best to use compressed air but make sure you remove everything from the carb. The slide, choke, A/F screw, jettings, everything. You can use carb cleaner then blow all passageways using compressed air. This is to make sure the gum deposits are totally removed and the passageways are clear.

Next time, if you're not planning to use your bike for an extended period, drain the gasoline entirely especially in the carb. Or have someone start your bike every morning to avoid gum deposits. I've had many clients who left their bikes in a corner for several months, and then expects the bike to run just like that.

Ride safe!!!

AMV 22

I also exp this first gear problem. Maybe its bcoz your engine is cold or something.. I only exp this when i warming up my engine in the morning or i didnt use my mc for how many hours..