• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

my bike standard modi

nkamri

i'm using 135LC and always use this bike to went back to my hometown (350km) once a month from my workplace. after 1 year, my bike became weak.. so i decide to do this on my bike:-

first i du top overhaul and replace ori exhaust manifold to bigger size (straight pipe), but to reduce the sound i ask the mechanix to keep the original muffler (lubang belakang exhaust)..

and then the pickup increased but i can't get top-speed like the new bike

so i change my mind and bought racing cdi from brt. after that i change my carb mainjet to #140 (standart is #105) and change sprocket size to 35rear 15front...

now gear 3 my bike can speed until 145km/h, but after i change to gear 4 the bike looks like no pickup.. the speed increased very slow..

------------------
should i change my sprocket size? or racing coil? becoz my engine head still stock size..

charge

Veteran
your rear sprocket is too small. You either use back the standard, or drop the front sprocket to 14.

I got myself a BRT dual band, sprocket @ F12 R34. Using Denso Iridium spark plug. Top speed at 140kph, almost hit the maximum rpm with 4th gear bcoz i hear the valve floating already. Carburetor remain at stock.

I think your power curve somehow screwed up at high rpm after changing that exhaust.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
its your mainjet.
from #105 to #140 is way too much bro.

increase one step at a time.

#107.5 is the best for stock carb with mods

nkamri

broo.. i think 140 is better bcoz it can support the 'fire' that came from racind CDI.. bfore this i use lower than 140, my sparkplug dry (white color) and it shows that the fuel is not enough to support the power that came from my new CDI... am i right? or any other suggestion?

chat_master08

Super Veteran
i think it has something to do with the sprockets.. its high speed.. maybe you should try to put a bigger sprocket...well i should suggest putting 15- 40 or 15- 42... what i am using right now is 15-42... and if you want pick up that is quite good... and even for long runs... well, this is just a suggestion... try it. safe riding bro.

phl6684

Staff member
main jet size #140????wow..i think it`s way 2 much..like traxxas said..increse 1 step at a time..i think of #120 is ok ...n 4 u..is u remove the decompression??if not..try 2 remove it..becoz it really help at 4th gear..not THAT weak anymore as we didn`t remove it...correct if im wrong...peace bro..javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

nkamri

hrmm.. decompression? phl6684.. is it a little things (gabus) at right side of the engine?.......

about mainjet.. hrmm i dont know actually what to du now.. what actually people do if their bike is standard and then they want to use racing CDI and they already modified the exhaust system.. will change to racing cdi without enough fuel damage the bike piston?