• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

yamaha genuine coolant

135lcSS

Super Veteran
so guys i've wanted to ask u guys bout this...a long time ago..but i get forgotting to post this...when i first bought my T135 which is at march 2007...i started using it... and during that time im using it... my coolant water kept decreasing...i dont know what happened but i think its nothing coz maybe it does consume that much...coz i ride daily 50km a day..hmm..after the coolant water also hit E..i went to a nearby spare part store..and i asked about coolant water(which is not yamaha genuine coolant)..coz i dont know where they're selling it that time..then i used a normal radiator coolant..and filled it until F..im juz okay with it..then until now the water coolant only decreased a bit when i started using that kind of coolant water..until now i didnt refill my coolant water coz it doesnt decrease...im scared that my bike radiator is not working or sumthing.. :cry: :cry: :cry: what u guys think..i dont know..im sorry if u dont understand what im trying to say here...

charge

Veteran
Yamaha Genuine coolant can buy from dealer. I got one, about USD6 (Rm20 kot). Eh, how u refill the coolant? I can't find the "entrance", hahaha.

kamalez

Super Veteran
I bought the bike April and since then only refill less quarter liter, till then the level never drops. You have to refill at the reservoir located at the bottom of the radiator.
Need to open cover using spanner to get access to reservoir cap

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
your coolent shouldn't need to be added or changed for the first year. it should be changed once a year. it also dosn't have to be Genuine Yamaha coolent, you can use any other coolent, just follow the requirments because some coolents require adding water mix. That is ok. just follow the requirements

135lcSS

Super Veteran
but when i bought it it kept decreasing ..then now i know where are they selling yamaha coolant...adding water .?is it possible?

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
so far my t135 coolant did not decrease.
there must be something wrong ,
might be leaking or something.

try to check for leaks in the radiator cap,
coolant reservoir cap, hoses, etc...

do you travel on rough/bumpy roads?

rudduan

Super Veteran
yeah mine too,its never decrease,its 1year old now,the genuine coolant are quite cheap,so its up to u to use it or use other brand

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
it's ok if the resivore tank is half. there are two lines on the tank, a top fill and under fill line. if it's between them it's ok. as long as it dosn't go below the lower line.

135lcSS

Super Veteran
traxxas-modifier said:
so far my t135 coolant did not decrease.
there must be something wrong ,
might be leaking or something.

try to check for leaks in the radiator cap,
coolant reservoir cap, hoses, etc...

do you travel on rough/bumpy roads?

there are no leaks.. i've checked it..its just the same when i bought the bike..but it kept decreasing...i've asked my friend which is a foreman..and he is also confused why my coolant water kept decreasing when i first bought the bike.. ..i travel on normal roads..no bumpy..

unlimited express

Super Veteran
maybe the fan behind the radiator is not working then. The radiator cools down the engine when it hits the high temp level and the fan cools down the radiator right? so when the fan doesn't work, the coolant inside the radiator will boil immediately and thats when it decreases quicker than normal.
And also, when you travel especially long trips, try to stop for a while. drink a coke and smoke, take a rest. your bike also need some rest so try to stop for a while ok?
Just trying to share my thoughts guys... ride safe!

135lcSS

Super Veteran
but after my i refilled the coolant(non genuine) until now it doesnt decreased since april 2007 until now..only a lil decrease..i think im gonna clean it and refill it with a yamaha genuine coolant..lol i know charge only RM18 only lol..hmm..anyways..i'll inform u guys about my bike..

rudduan

Super Veteran
135lcSS said:
but after my i refilled the coolant(non genuine) until now it doesnt decreased since april 2007 until now..only a lil decrease..i think im gonna clean it and refill it with a yamaha genuine coolant..lol i know charge only RM18 only lol..hmm..anyways..i'll inform u guys about my bike..
if u still not satisfied,go to yamaha service centre

135lcSS

Super Veteran
rudduan said:
135lcSS said:
if u still not satisfied,go to yamaha service centre
lol rudduan...where is yamaha service centre..the HLY factory

135lcSS

Super Veteran
overlord said:
btw how to drain the old coolant and replaced with the new ones?? i cannot find the bottom seal....
yeah any1..can tell me how to drain out the old coolant out and refill the new 1...hmm i guess u gotta take a straw and drink it.haha

overlord

135lcSS said:
overlord said:
btw how to drain the old coolant and replaced with the new ones?? i cannot find the bottom seal....
yeah any1..can tell me how to drain out the old coolant out and refill the new 1...hmm i guess u gotta take a straw and drink it.haha
haw haw haw very cute of you...and make sure its a bendable straw...kekeke

135lcSS

Super Veteran
haha...^^. bendable straw..its kinda hard these day..u gotta go to an exclusive restaurant to get it..local restaurant use non bendable..seriously :D