• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

When Do We Need To Change Our Oil Filters?

jangbest

Not user of oil filter here but I changed oil every 1500 oddo.. I used it only within 1 year...no oil filter.. Oil can easily flow inside the engine..resulted to a good engine response .. I do this even in my new mc.. IMHO...
Dirt also can easily circulate on your engine :) is it?

chie

Super Veteran
Not user of oil filter here but I changed oil every 1500 oddo.. I used it only within 1 year...no oil filter.. Oil can easily flow inside the engine..resulted to a good engine response .. I do this even in my new mc.. IMHO...
that's MAMAW flow! lol

filter is just additional protection to our engine dirt even you remove your oil filter element there is a filter inside your engine, in sniper its located in drain plug.

in small cc engine its okay that don't have an oil filter because of it's price.

but much better if our beloved mc have oil filter :thumbsup::p

mhektheone

Super Veteran
Dirt also can easily circulate on your engine :) is it?
The main purpose of oil filter is to catch or strain the small metal granules inside the engine so that it can not cause to scratch the sensitive parts of the engine that's why manufacturer requiring to change the oil filter in first 500 kilometer.. In my experience I notice that after 13 times of replacing oil filter within 1 year, every time I check the filter it is remain clean and no sandy spots..IMHO i change my oil every month luckily until now I never experience any problem...he he he...

Last edited:

BigBird

Super Veteran
that's MAMAW flow! lol

filter is just additional protection to our engine dirt even you remove your oil filter element there is a filter inside your engine, in sniper its located in drain plug.

in small cc engine its okay that don't have an oil filter because of it's price.

but much better if our beloved mc have oil filter :thumbsup::p
"MAMAW FLOW" I like that term Pafs! hehehe:D

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
could anyone paps there answer coz we know washable air filter has its limit. How many rewashing/reusing does it take for washable oil filter before puting into garbage? tyia po.

based on your experience mga masters.. what specific oil you preferred to used. some people say repsol is good.. i think for mio or non-clutch motorcycle like scooters. bcoz my friend told me that when he use repsol oil, it ruined the clutch lining.. some people say yamalube. but they say it made from unioil philippines. is that true? some says castrol but lots of fake castrol oil come out from the market.. pilipino talaga linoloko kapwa pinoy. so mga masters. anong advice nyo better and good performance oil can be used. i want semi-synthetic kc dw ang full synthetic nkakasira ng makina. tama ba? sinisira dw ang gasket ng makina. lumulutong ito.
yan dyan ako worry sa mga fake oil haha.. kaya nga nga gang ngayom yamalube parin bili ko sa yamaha center.. i want to use semi-synthetic pero which is the best? saka baka nga mapeke haha