• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Tokyo Motor Show 2009

ymh3xw1991

Staff member
T135 rear wheel?

New “Y.C.A.T.” Technology for Mounting Automatic Transmission on a Moped Type Motorcycle to be displayed in the 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. has succeeded in the development of a continuously variable transmission (CVT) named Y.C.A.T. (Yamaha Compact Automatic Transmission) that is compact enough to be mounted on a moped type motorcycle of the 100 to 125cc class. In addition to displaying this Y.C.A.T. system at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009, it will appear on new moped type models for the ASEAN market beginning with a 2010 model in Vietnam.

Y.C.A.T. is a system that greatly reduces the size of the CVT units proven in use on scooter models and fits the drive belt that connects the engine drive shaft and rear wheel axle inside the engine assembly to make possible an automatic transmission motorcycle with the same exterior appearance as a moped. This system has been made possible by (1) sheaves designed for optimum performance with the high elasticity, heat resistant resin drive belt and (2) an optimum cooling system design for the unit. With this system it is now possible to fit an automatic CVT on the space occupied by the manual transmission on a conventional moped type motorcycle, thus increasing the freedom of design and making it possible to combine the multipurpose utility of a moped with the ease of use of an automatic model. With Y.C.A.T. it has been possible to reduce the distance between the primary (engine-side) and secondary (driven-side) sheaves to about 40% of the distance on a conventional commuter CVT and shorten the belt also to about 60% the length, thus helping to make the overall power unit more compact. The size of the entire Y.C.A.T. unit is small enough to fit inside a crankcase virtually no larger than that on a conventional moped.

[hr]
I found the rear wheel was the same as my SPARK135i's.
YAMAHA stuff said to me 'I have no information to you because we must keep our secret'

Attachments

ymh3xw1991

Staff member
EC-03

EC-03 electric commuter

[Power unit]= Permanent magnet type synchronous motor
[Rated output]= Equivalent to 50cc license category at less than 0.6 kW
[Battery type]= Lithium-ion battery
[Charger type]= Onboard plug-in type

The EC-03 is 100% electric powered commuter vehicle developed with a concept of “Light, Smart, Clean and Silent.”
It mounts a slim electric power unit and lithium-ion battery on a lightweight aluminum frame. With Yamaha-exclusive motor control technology it provides smooth start-ups and acceleration. The charger is built into the vehicle for easy recharging from a home electric outlet.

YAMAHA EC-03 prototype@Tokyo Motor Show 2009 ヤマハEC-03(試作機)
[flash width=560 height=400]http://www.youtube.com/v/Fwbadb3quc4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Attachments

ymh3xw1991

Staff member
LEXUS LFA on LEXUS booth

The heart of the LFA is a high-revving, naturally aspirated, 4800cc/V10 producing 552 horse power and redlining at a screaming 9000rpm.
A joint engineering project of TOYOTA and YAMAHA, each engine will be hand built and will propel the LF-A 0-100km/h in 3.7 seconds, and a max speed topping 325km/h.

Just 500 units will be built , just 37,500,000yen (tax not included).

[hr]

LEXUS LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009
[flash width=560 height=400]http://www.youtube.com/v/hgWqe8UTjG4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Attachments

ymh3xw1991

Staff member
my SPARK135i in Makuhari Messe

my SPARK135i in Makuhari Messe(Chiba,JAPAN)
[hr]
Thanks for watching this topic
esp. sniperCJ,jmoquin and traxxas.

Attachments

X1rCJ

Super Veteran
Re: my SPARK135i in Makuhari Messe

ymh3xw1991 said:
[hr]

Your welcome bro.. :)

jmoquin

Super Veteran
Re: my SPARK135i in Makuhari Messe

ymh3xw1991 said:
[hr]
thanks bro..your welcome..hope you update us more for upcoming motor show event in japan... :lol: :lol: :lol:

esp. models :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ride safe