The Power Of Stock Bore

sprinter777

Just to share the power in stock bore stock stroke:
valve spring
cam
rcdi
sprocket

Will pass the 130 kph mark no sweat..:)

all stock except tires (80/80 front, 90/80 rear) can reach 130kph SMX Odometer, i used motomans break in secret and i am quite happy with the result. It takes longer around almost 30secs to reach it though. But on my cellphone GPS it is just reading 114KPH.

my break in
1.) 0-100KM - warmed the engine for 10mins during the very first start. Did a lot of quick full RPM in less than 5 seconds, lots of downshifting and engine break in. Went to Antipolo high hills from Recto and back home in Proj 3 QC. Topspeed 70KPH only but on high RPM on low gears (was just able to use 5th gear twice for testing). Changed Oil and Oil filter, used yamalube 2ow-50 and a lot of small metal deposit in the oil and drain plug (expected according to motoman)
2.) 100km-600 - Ride to MARILAQUE above. (rarely used 5th gear).Used 3rd gear on Sharp corners around 60-70kph on Corners. My IRC tires isn't good for touring. On the way back in Marcos Hiway, a new Raider 150 challenged me on the stop light. I was ahead until my SMX reached 120KPH and he is slowly picking up and I am sure he can overtake me but at a very slow pace. I am sure he is a good Rider since I saw his Tachometer redlining during his first two gears which I was ahead by 10meters during my first 4 gears.I think our SMX is limited by it's CDI coz I am certain there is still more power.
Changed Oil using Repsol's cheapest oil (20W-50) on my 565km @ Caloocan, changed to FDR Sports XR Evo tires. I am now feeling grunt of my engine.
3,) 600km--- I am now on my 780KM and tested the topspeed using my cellphone attached to the handle bar which is just 114KPH GPS but 130KPH on my odometer. my SMX is always wasted by those mamaw Mio in EDSA. :(

running fuel consumption: 43KM/L (i do full tank since day 1.) so If i fill in 3.2L, i deduct my current reading from previous reading. example: 588km-451KM=137km/3.2L

suplado010

Super Veteran
Naka rcdi pa naman ako.haayy
kahit naman poh kasi ganu katibay pagkakagawa ng motor mo kung ioover rev mo kunware ng 2nd gear nah tipong gusto paabutin ng 120kph malamang sumabog yan..hehe..di kah man matukuran ng valves susuko naman valve spring mo..:D