• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Sniper HC Engine Problem

marvymavs

Veteran
Undah-Bone said:
na experience ko rin po yang ganyan..

parang may umaalog sa makina ko tuwing naka idle..

so i think na normal po talaga sya parang sa sasakyan na pag naka idle biglang umiingay yung makina.. pati sa joyride nararanasan ko yan so siguro nga normal yan sa makina naten.. sabi nga ng tropa ko.. parang kotse talaga makina ng motor mo eh noh. haha.
Tumpak sir! Sabi nga ng kaibigan ko na naka A/C bakit daw parang makina ng Volkswagen Bettle makina ko. Minsan naman parang helicopter.. :lol:

Normal nga lang daw po yun sa Sniper na HC. Thanks sir!

marvymavs

Veteran
Azzurri said:
marvymavs said:
Sirs, I had a problem with my 1 week old Yamaha Sniper HC. It has an unusual engine noise when it is idling. the sound is similar to marbles knocking the wall of my crankcase. Is it natural for a new sniper to have this sound? The noise is more pronounced when my bike is idling. I am doubtful that the distributor gave the unit to me with defects. I just want to gather info regarding my problem. I'll bring it the dealer this monday to be checked. I just want to have your opinions. Thank you.
bro check dis site, http://www.yamahat135.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=873 it could help you out..

we're having same problem as you, its normal. :)
Thank you for the very helpful link sir! :D I can now relax knowing that the noise I am hearing is normal and the culprit was the manual clutch system. :eek: A Yamaha mechanic here in our country werein I consulted my LC said that is was normal and as the engine were being broken-in (gears, bearing,etc.), the noise will reduce. As of now my LC's odometer reading was 406kms. I will have it serviced when it reaches 500kms.

marvymavs

Veteran
Good day sirs,

I had my LC135 bike prepped for warm up this early morning. I noticed that there is water seeping out from the exhaust pipe. It seeps from a small hole located in the middle of the exhaust pipe. I wonder if it is because of my refueling last night that water may be mixxed in my gas tank. But I am doubtful. I am a regular customer at that gas station eversince I had my Honda Wave bike and no problems occured. My father said that it is a sign of a helathy engine and I may prove him right because we experienced that too on our car. And my bike is still new, I had never ridden it in rain.

Any opinions and experiences on your LC135? Thanks!

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
hehehe > > > ikaw pla yan sir.. im sorry ...

its you again my friend ,, you posted your concern here as well lolz..

i haven't encounter it on my engine ,, the only thing that i am not satisfied was my fourth gear hehehehe ....right now my odometer is 980kms.... when i brought my sniper to yamaha mechanic in JP Rizal Makati ,,, first check 500 kms was change oil only he said ...no other things to check he added .. i was doubtful for it since i have raider125 before the service mechanic in suzuki check everthing on my mc ... i will now bring my MC to Manadaluyong when it goes 2000kms...

P OT
with my fourth gear -
SOS 1 ,,,,he said its normal the 4th gear of sniper is only for maintaning the speed though....he said don't put ur mc in 4th gear unless your 3thgear reaches 80-100kph

unlimited express

Super Veteran
I haven't encountered that. I ride my bike hard and I always try to reach the best possible speed of each gear. if its on the 3rd, try to reach 110kph then shift to 4th. then you will see that its almost the same as the 3rd but not that long. I ride that way when I'm in EDSA or in long freeways especially at night.
just don't forget to wear protective gears for safety.
Ride safe....

jay.e.l

Super Veteran
bro unlimited what is your top speed then, my 3rd gear goes up to 105kph, and then when i change to 4th gear as you said it stays the same and then it starts to pull you

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
t135 can go over 110 to 130 if it is very long road....but if not it can only max out for a 100...i was advise to change sprocket size,,,it's just that i was not satisified on 4th gear,,,, ican't play my bike with 4th gear,,,,lolz... but 2nd and 3rd gear,,,, very much satisfied...

marvymavs

Veteran
raider125jeigh said:
hehehe > > > ikaw pla yan sir.. im sorry ...

its you again my friend ,, you posted your concern here as well lolz..

i haven't encounter it on my engine ,, the only thing that i am not satisfied was my fourth gear hehehehe ....right now my odometer is 980kms.... when i brought my sniper to yamaha mechanic in JP Rizal Makati ,,, first check 500 kms was change oil only he said ...no other things to check he added .. i was doubtful for it since i have raider125 before the service mechanic in suzuki check everthing on my mc ... i will now bring my MC to Manadaluyong when it goes 2000kms...

P OT
with my fourth gear -
SOS 1 ,,,,he said its normal the 4th gear of sniper is only for maintaning the speed though....he said don't put ur mc in 4th gear unless your 3thgear reaches 80-100kph
His sir! Small world! :D Yup I did post my problem here and I am very thankful for the replies. At least I am relieved of the burden that I am experiencing on my Sniper. I had my bike's oil cahnged and adjusted the idling speed. So far the noise level had reduced. :D The mechanic said that he will monitor the progress on my bike and if problem occur, he is more than willing to assist me on claiming a replacement part. (He said that a replacement new unit is only "possible" for cash buyers.. :roll: )

I always compare the sound of my Sniper HC to an AC, my bad 'cause they are not the same specifications in terms of clutch system.. :lol:

unlimited express

Super Veteran
@jay, I reached 120-125kph top speed once.. I'm using stock parts except the exhaust pipe. Now, I have changed my CDI and spark plug and coil. and the rest of the engine is still stock. I haven't tried yet to determine my top speed now but I'm already satisfied on my bike's performance.

marvymavs

Veteran
jay.e.l said:
why do you compare the H/C to A/C
The engine noise sir. HC Snipers had a more pronounced engine noise coming from the clutch housing. My friends have AC Snipers. So I thought there is something wrong with my bike's engine because I am more familiar on the smooth engine of an AC. :lol: By the way I am new in Yamaha 4-strokes specially a technically advanced engine like the Sniper's. The very first Yamaha bike I had is a JOG 90cc. :)

rezeru

hay salamat at normal pala yung sound nang repo sniper na ankuha ko...hehehe

salamat sa thread na to...

Good day sirs,

I had my LC135 bike prepped for warm up this early morning. I noticed that there is water seeping out from the exhaust pipe. It seeps from a small hole located in the middle of the exhaust pipe. I wonder if it is because of my refueling last night that water may be mixxed in my gas tank. But I am doubtful. I am a regular customer at that gas station eversince I had my Honda Wave bike and no problems occured. My father said that it is a sign of a helathy engine and I may prove him right because we experienced that too on our car. And my bike is still new, I had never ridden it in rain.

Any opinions and experiences on your LC135? Thanks!
i experience this now, i start my engine, at idle you can see some water seeping out at the midle,