• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

shell v power octane rating

dongskie20

hi guys!!!! just want to know if the shell v power here in the philippines has 97 octane rating? they added ethanol on it as what the pump boy told me,,coz ive notice before the color of v power was blueish but now its purple.. is it true?? whats the benifits to our t135?

dark_sniper_15

i think it's octane rating is 95....

sorry for the OT...i think petron blaze has the highest octane rating of 96...

and i think higher octane is much better to our t135...

dongskie20

@ dark

before bro it has 95 octane rating,, after they added ethanol on it, it has97 octane rating.. just want to confirm. thanks!

elyouch

Super Veteran
hearthrob16 said:
what is the effect if our MC is loaded with e10 gasoline?
E10 on carbs would tend to melt the fuel lines as well as to corrode the carbs- this is the result for long term uses on a E10 gaso.
some says the early sign is hard starting that you have never experience before. and you will experience some shakes and unfamilliar noise on your MC running on a high speed for about 80-100km/h
starting 2010-2011 the govt wants to implement to put E10 on all gaso in the PH.
they say for the benefit of the environment(that's good but were doomed)..tsk tsk tsk. :cry:
AFIK- the petron xcs has no E10 that's my choice of gaso but they said they are only draining there Stock of Petron xcs. then after that they are also mixing it with E10. it is a Mandatory by the law so they have no choice.
but we have a choice if that's all happen. we can convert our engine to be EFI
but the question is how? it is possible? how much?

raider125jeigh

Super Veteran
elyouch said:
hearthrob16 said:
E10 on carbs would tend to melt the fuel lines as well as to corrode the carbs- this is the result for long term uses on a E10 gaso.
some says the early sign is hard starting that you have never experience before. and you will experience some shakes and unfamilliar noise on your MC running on a high speed for about 80-100km/h
starting 2010-2011 the govt wants to implement to put E10 on all gaso in the PH.
they say for the benefit of the environment(that's good but were doomed)..tsk tsk tsk. :cry:
AFIK- the petron xcs has no E10 that's my choice of gaso but they said they are only draining there Stock of Petron xcs. then after that they are also mixing it with E10. it is a Mandatory by the law so they have no choice.
hehehe..thats y we need to upgrade to R125 by 2011 hahaha

Undah-Bone

Super Veteran
raider125jeigh said:
elyouch said:
hearthrob16 said:
hehehe..thats y we need to upgrade to R125 by 2011 hahaha
meron naman T135Fi diba? hehehe.

depedal

Super Veteran
so shell v power is 97 octane now? wow... hehehe.

OT
no no to e10 gas. they are right. not good for carb engines. xcs and gold user here.

Adrian Relato

bro i checked the website of shell it says there its 99 octane and also i went to yzone, shell v power is a recommended fuel on our bike.

princepj888c

Super Veteran
if e10 is not good for our bike how come there still manufacturing carb type mc?

yes we all know that mc manufacturers are now releasing fi mc

like yamaha, honda, suzuki, dont heard any mc fi from kawasaki? sorry if theres any pls update..