• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

my front flarings vibrate too much

jhai_o

can anyone help me with these? how can i minimize the vibration of the plastics,, or its better if i can fix it and get rid of the odd vibrating noise, thank you.. :D

Attachments

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
try using an old rubber inner tube, like from a bicycle. it's thin enough to be placed between the two body parts. also, try to make sure you don't pop the screw when tighting it too much. it will weaken the clip the the screw is being secured to. i have this problem, i need to replace all the clips with a better designed clip.

jhai_o

thanx for the help goff!! i tried it just tonight,, then it works pretty well,, thank you so much guys for the help!!

tom snipes

Super Veteran
run a belt made of polyester across the leg shield, will solve your old age problem on vibration , done all previous tips but this one is lasting...

Attachments

raksta

Super Veteran
remove all your cowlings! in an instant no more vibration! goodbye vibration goodbye cowlings also heheheehe

YAMAHA_FIAT99

tom snipes said:
run a belt made of polyester across the leg shield, will solve your old age problem on vibration , done all previous tips but this one is lasting...
wheel interrior rubber is cheaper

Storm_rider

Super Veteran
i also experienced that sir,.. try putting some interior rubber,... i will help a lot in reduce the vibration,..

YAMAHA_FIAT99

yup put a piece of interrior rubber beneath the fairings where you tighten up your screw. they will act like an absorber to absorb the vibration.

jefpoyi

it's nice to see this thread cause i've got the same problem. strong vibration. nakaka manhid tuloy ng kamay kahit malapit lang ang byahe.

any pictures paps how you do it? what's old rubber inner tube?

TSchool

try using an old rubber inner tube, like from a bicycle. it's thin enough to be placed between the two body parts. also, try to make sure you don't pop the screw when tighting it too much. it will weaken the clip the the screw is being secured to. i have this problem, i need to replace all the clips with a better designed clip.
Het Goff, you mentioned designed clips. Can you recommend any? Just had the fairings wrapped and some of the clips are not attaching well anymore resulting in the rattling.