• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Lowering your front forks

mingomz

Super Veteran
This is a nice project and I am eying to do this for quite sometime now,

my only concern here is that how "SAFE" and stable the inner tubes will be since the stopper has been grinded...I guess the only thing stopping the inner tube is the butterfly/holder that only clamps it ..

Is there an alternative? like using mio soul or mio sporty inner tubes? I heard they are shorter in length..

Thanks.

ryann

Veteran
ung saakin sir, hindi na nagrind yung sa may kabitan ng fork, pinagawa ko lang s caloocan, may kinabit sila n tube, sa loob ng fork, mga 1 inch, at un nalower n ng 1 inch, at depende kung gaano ang baba n gusto nyo,mga 600 ang ginastos ko, binawasan din ng konting oil yung fork.

ryann

Veteran
right sir, ok din naman, dapat lang din bawasan yung oil para hndi matagtag, pero syempre mas maganda padin yung original n settings ng stock,

bandido

Veteran
As of sa play mdyo nagdagdag ako ng kunting motul forkoil for harder ride..pero ung original dosage ng fork oil pde na din for a single person.

Now regarding po sa safety, may mga models po ng MC like honda wave100,wave125 etc .. na walang stopper and steering columns..
Its just for additional safety lang po thats why nilagyan nila e2 ng stopper..just make sure to tighten all 4 studbolts for making sure that it is
safe even if you and ur wife rides along. TY po

yanski

Super Veteran
This is a nice project and I am eying to do this for quite sometime now,

my only concern here is that how "SAFE" and stable the inner tubes will be since the stopper has been grinded...I guess the only thing stopping the inner tube is the butterfly/holder that only clamps it ..

Is there an alternative? like using mio soul or mio sporty inner tubes? I heard they are shorter in length..

Thanks.
i done that on my bike.. i weigh 265 lbs.. rides.. hot air baloon at clark.. bataan ride, caliraya.. using monters tires, using 60/70 tires now using it for almost 2 years.. no probs so far

jangbest

shocks with comment.jpg
Hindi ko padin kasi nalolower yung snipey ko unang una Busy tsaka nag dodoubt pa ako thanks po sa reply
kailangan ba igrind yan? o pwede pihitin para mailabas ko yung shocks at para makikil ko yung stoper?

john_carlo

Super Veteran
View attachment 8426
Hindi ko padin kasi nalolower yung snipey ko unang una Busy tsaka nag dodoubt pa ako thanks po sa reply
kailangan ba igrind yan? o pwede pihitin para mailabas ko yung shocks at para makikil ko yung stoper?
loosen the 4 bolts, remove the part that is encircle, pull down the shock, look at the part that holds the shock in place there is a stopper there that the one that you will grind.. for picture kindly look at post number 24

jangbest

loosen the 4 bolts, remove the part that is encircle, pull down the shock, look at the part that holds the shock in place there is a stopper there that the one that you will grind.. for picture kindly look at post number 24
Thank you very much, now i will start the lowering my sniper shocks thank again for the reply ...

SaM03

Super Veteran
sakin is 1 1/2 ang lowered....

effects? syempre pogi na sniper ko ganda ng look eh... lalo na pag naka harap... tapos with big tires.. im using mizzle 80/80 size...

pansin ko din maganda na handling hehe... kasi dati nung nag palit ako ng gulong na mizzle 80/80 hirap kasi lumiko lalo na bangking...

:)

mingomz

Super Veteran
The blog I posted is for a scooter's front shock/s. For the benefit of our bike's version I took the liberty of taking pics as I progress in lowering my front shocks.

I went to a stainless steel shop nearby and bought a stainless tube size 1/2" in diameter

I got 1 pair 1 and 1/4" and 1 pair 1" in length
Make sure the sides of the spacers are properly smooth sanded to avoid metal chips scratching the damping rod.

I've been using MAXIMA Fork oil. Works great for me even in stock front shocks height

Once the spacers are ready I moved on to the next step/s.

Find a helper.

Next center stand your bike, and get a piece of wood or can that can hold your bike since you will remove your front wheel.

Once everything is prepared now you can remove the shocks. but before that here are the things I had to remove to get to that point.

• Front fender
  • Chest cowling
  • CDI bracket ( so you have more turning space when screwing the top bolt cap)
  • Fron rotor caliper
  • Front wheel
  • Horns (busina)
After removing those you now..

Unscrew the four bolts on the butterfly and the screw on top. (this was mentioned on earlier posts on this thread)

You can use a screw driver (-) to slightly pry and lift the butterfly and now you can pull down the shocks.

Once you got the forks out you need to disassemble them.

• Remove the longer spring (fork spring)
  • Drain the fork oil
  • Unscrew the Allen bolt at the bottom
  • Once you unscrew the Allen bolt just take a peek at the hole and you will see the tip of the damping rod or cylinder pump, Simply use a flat screw driver and a hammer and nail it gently until it disengages from the shocks
  • If successful you have already disassembled your Front shock/s

Wipeoff the dirt and oil of your whole fork assembly

Then just slip the spacer between the damping rod and the tapout spring (sub spring) or the smaller spring.
Place it again on the fork tube (inner tube), Slip the fork tube to the shocks (outer tube) bolt the Allen again. Use the long spring and the bolt cap and close them halfway just to have resistance so you can tighten the Allen bolt at the bottom.

Remove the Bolt cap and fork spring again and now pour in your Fork oil.

Be mindful on how much you pour. I had 2-3 tries of dismantling the shocks because I ended up having a hard play. This is a trial and error process. it's better to start with a soft play so that you will just add up fork oil which does not require total removal of the fork and shocks you can simply pour it in the fork tube.

I'd say I used up about 10-15ml of fork oil.

Here's the difference of stock front shocks and the other with 1" spacer.

After that you can return the front shocks already.

When returning the forks to the butterfly you will really need a helper since the tension of the spring is more stronger. It AIN'T EASY pushing the bolt cap by yourself. so you need someone to pull down the shocks and the other to screw the bolt cap. Make sure that you screw first the four bolts that hold the fork tube in to the butterfly.

Then just put back all the things you removed. first return the front wheel and disk brake

hold the front brake and give it a push, gauge if it's to hard or too soft if it's to soft just pour in more fork oil.

Enjoy your lowered T135 ..need not to grind your butterfly.

Thanks