• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

how much is yamaha YZF-R15

khemico1

im willing to purchase a YZF-R15 but i dont know the price pls detail me fast before my dad buy that sniper

chat_master08

Super Veteran
s it available in the phil??? ive only seen a x1r in caloocan.. for about 110 thou i think. so it is much more expensive..

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
its not available in philippines.
yamaha r15 is only available in INDIA

if you have lots of money, you can go to india and buy it,
then shipped it here in philippines.

else, the only option is sniper and upgrade the block to r15/vixion block.
same engine power and at much lesser weight.

:)

135lcSS

Super Veteran
hey..why people always say that the YZF-R15 will not come to malaysia..erm if it comes to malaysia..it would be a rival to Honda's new CBR150R..

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
no one is saying it's not coming to Malaysia, it's just being sold in India right now, it will be in other countries soon, just not as soon as we want. I heard of a guy who got the YZF125R from UK, cost him including shipping and customs more than Php 500k

unlimited express

Super Veteran
better buy the R6, it costs 400K excluding the shipping, customs expenses and registration. in short, it will cost like buying a pre owned honda civic with dohc vtec3 engine.

sayapdewa

Yamaha R-series is made in japan and it cannot be assemble in other country. This series is made to special to Yamaha enthusiast. You can have it one but by order it from japan. Of course it will cost a lot except who are got a pile of money to buy it.

Better you buy a R6 model than R15 model. Actually R15 is copy from R6 facelift. When you buy R6, you've got a racing hi-tech built-in inside the R6 model. The price much higher but you will ultimately satisfied than R15.

That's just my 2 cents info.
Regards.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
135lcSS said:
hey..why people always say that the YZF-R15 will not come to malaysia..erm if it comes to malaysia..it would be a rival to Honda's new CBR150R..
malaysia FZ150i is the same engine with R15 except the 6th gear.
what you need to buy is the ff

- R15 gearing 6th gear
- R15 panel meter (digital)
- fabricate the fairings

and youve got R15!!!!!

sayapdewa

traxxas-modifier said:
so that means our bike is also R series?
weve got 99% the same engine with R15/vixion :)
R-series only made in japan. The engine probably the same but we cannot call it R series.

135lcSS

Super Veteran
traxxas-modifier said:
135lcSS said:
malaysia FZ150i is the same engine with R15 except the 6th gear.
what you need to buy is the ff

- R15 gearing 6th gear
- R15 panel meter (digital)
- fabricate the fairings

and youve got R15!!!!!

if its possible i want the R15..hehe i dont want to mod the FZ150i if i have it :wink:

goff_d_p

Super Veteran
"Better you buy a R6 model than R15 model. Actually R15 is copy from R6 face lift. When you buy R6, you've got a racing hi-tech built-in inside the R6 model. The price much higher but you will ultimately satisfied than R15. "

.....Hey bro, Sorry, But I believe your wrong, It's not a copy of the R6, it's just a re-vamped model of the R6s, the true copy of the R6 in the same form of the r15 is the YZR-R125
http://www.yamahat135.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=360

Check it out, you will see that the picture of the bike looks just like the R6.

Yes there are two designs of the R6, one is the R6 and the other is the R6s
check the link: R6 :
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... /home.aspx

R6s:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... /home.aspx

Look them over carefully, very little differences. but they are different.

then you will see why i say the YZR-R125 looks more like an R6 and the the R15 looks more like the R15 in appearances.

Info, the YZR-R125 is the same engine as our T135 and the R15 engine, just 125cc is the difference.

khemico1

the reply

but hey its a nice bike ill send a request to the yamaha phil. fo that im enthusiastic about that bike. the look and power you can hold. but holy f**k thats not fair why do the Indians have it first not us. com on.. y hide us the great stuff. no offense's but i don't see the climate in India ideal for that kind of ride

unlimited express

Super Veteran
maybe your right that they have both same engine but the power output is so different because of the gears. How come a 6 speed engine with 125 cc displacement is faster than a 4 speed engine with 135 cc displacement? smaller displacement but more powerful. can someone explain that...