• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Hid With Fast Charging During Hid Use Only - Diy Diagram

guitarizta

Super Veteran
@guitarizta
Bro according to what I've seen on my bike (I think it is typical to your too) and on my diagram.

Yellow/Red - Power supply coming from stator/rectifier
Blue - For Auxiliary/ Park Light
Blue/Black - from Head light switch going to your Hi/Lo switch

On the Hi/Lo HID, the trigger should be on the Hi/Lo switch.. Actually the Hi/lo HID kit is just plug and play..

The red and black (with fuse) are to be tapped to the battery terminals.. Red (Positive) & Black (Negative)
The other two wires of your HID kit (blue and white) are for the High beam and low beam respectively..
Tap the blue wire of your HID kit to the yellow (HI) of your bikes Hi/Lo switch and the white to the green (LOW)..
You're understanding is correct..:thumbsup: HTH;)
thats great!..thank you so much for your help..:dance:

SaM03

Super Veteran
sorry but i didnt quite understood :) im just not good in this electrical wirings.. but my mechanic did cut the yellow wire in the rectifier and my parklyt was always getting busted then after a month or two my HID was installed, my battery always drains.. i charged it til 11.8V then after a week it was already drain then i charged again and got drained again in less than a week.. i changed my mechanic and he said that the earlier mechanic didnt cut a wire.. i think its the yellow wire connecting to the stator (i think).. then he said my lights would get busted if that wire wasnt cut.. my friend then said it wont get drain again but if it does, maybe there's something wrong with my battery.. after 3days my battery got drained again :(

i got the sam problem of you, before i ddnt get lowbat when i use my HID, then after 1 year and half, i change battery because my battery got busted after i change batter 2 days of using it i have the issue getting lowbat and low voltage, i think there is no charging on the battery.. anyone help?

SaM03

Super Veteran
at high RPM the panel light are getting hi also at idle the panel lights are low... yes the yellow wire is cut from the rectifier...

milu

What if the HID has the same wattage as the stock 35/35Watts... Is this still necessary? Mine is 2012 SMX always on headlight.

bhek_21

Super Veteran
What if the HID has the same wattage as the stock 35/35Watts... Is this still necessary? Mine is 2012 SMX always on headlight.
Yes sir.. 35W is the rated wattage of your bulb.. but your HID kit has a ballast which consumes much.. If you will not modify your charging system, your battery will be drained faster..

bhek_21

Super Veteran
i got the sam problem of you, before i ddnt get lowbat when i use my HID, then after 1 year and half, i change battery because my battery got busted after i change batter 2 days of using it i have the issue getting lowbat and low voltage, i think there is no charging on the battery.. anyone help?
bro you should check your rectifier and stator..