• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Help with idle speed

amorales_mx

Hi, my name is Andrés from México city.

I have a F150-VIXION and I like to know the proceed to adjust the idle speed, I read something about T135 but the throttle body is different, I hope you can help me.

I have a question, when the throttle is closed from mid-to-high rpm.
I hear some explosion (backfire) but they are very loud, and I dont know if it is normal or how I can fixed.

Thanks

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
bro morales

youve got a nice bike!
seems that sticker is for mexico only..

can you confirm that your vixion is also EFI (electronic fuel injection)
just like the vixion of indonesia and FX150i of malaysia?

CarroTT

Super Veteran
yo my brader from mexico :p

urs have a nice scheme

in my country, oni have red, grey, greyish green n black
very dull colors

amorales_mx

traxxas-modifier said:
have you tried changing air filter bro amorales?
Hi bro, yes the air filter is new, now the idle speed is ok at 1400 rpm but the explosion on exhaust (back fire) are equal, I look for leaks and I found a little and perfect hole on the bottom of exaust, when I seal it, the back fire are less frecuent but continues. I read about backfiring can occur in engines that are running lean where the air-fuel mixture has insufficient fuel.
Exist any way to adjust the air-fuel ratio on this bike (EFI)

PD- I'm sorry about my english.

CarroTT

Super Veteran
the problem is most probably from a leaked exhaust

y do u have a hole there anyway ?
hit a curb somewhere ?

usually on EFI, u dun reli nid to adjust the fuelling coz its oledi self adjusting

amorales_mx

CarroTT said:
the problem is most probably from a leaked exhaust

y do u have a hole there anyway ?
hit a curb somewhere ?

usually on EFI, u dun reli nid to adjust the fuelling coz its oledi self adjusting
No, I did not hit any thing, I spoke with dealer and told me that this hole is to drain water and told me some thing about adjust CO parameters with scanner, but I don't trust them.
What do you think?

imyz

amorales_mx said:
[quote="traxxas-modifier":d0u012ow]have you tried changing air filter bro amorales?
Hi bro, yes the air filter is new, now the idle speed is ok at 1400 rpm but the explosion on exhaust (back fire) are equal, I look for leaks and I found a little and perfect hole on the bottom of exaust, when I seal it, the back fire are less frecuent but continues. I read about backfiring can occur in engines that are running lean where the air-fuel mixture has insufficient fuel.
Exist any way to adjust the air-fuel ratio on this bike (EFI)

PD- I'm sorry about my english.[/quote:d0u012ow]

hello amorales... nice bike... blue is my favorite.. 8)
insufficient fuel is 1 of the problem.. my suggest is, try to adjust the oil lean (CO), where, the standard for this bike is 0.. maybe u can set up to +3 or +4.. range for this CO is, between -30 to +30.. but.... this CO can be set only by special tools, call, FID. u can try ask from ur dealer bike about this tools. i'm sure they can setting the CO for u.

1 more thing, maybe ur 'air cut off valve' didn't function properly... this valve should be close during suciden deceleration (the throtle valve suddenly close), mostly, at high rem., in order to prevent after burning, as what happen to ur bike. but this is too far, i think, compare to ur new bike..

another way, try check back the plug, maybe not really tight, or u can just change the new one...

G

u cant try to close the Air Induction System..

location is above the silinder head...

CarroTT

Super Veteran
its just adjusting the fuelling according to the sensor that senses the combustion gases

well bro, if the bike didnt pop before when ur bike was newer, its most probably nothing to do with the fuelling

that hole that lets water out is common on this kind of muffler, its always at the lowest point of the exhaust to the ground

i still say there is still leaks in ur exhaust
i always say, try to fix the most common n cheapest fixes first
changing an exhaust gasket is darn cheap, and its the most common cause that causes pops in the exhaust
really no harm at all doing it

rather than to start tinkering blindly tat wud cost u a lot of money n end up still with the same problem.