• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Gps

aldhee

Super Veteran
Get a Garmin with philippine map and upgradable data. I also using this on my car. But if you want you can use an application like WAZE but it works only if you have a unlimited data plan.

tabi1

Super Veteran
Get a Garmin with philippine map and upgradable data. I also using this on my car. But if you want you can use an application like WAZE but it works only if you have a unlimited data plan.
Yea i don want to mess with using phone or ipad, i prefer a dedicated GPS as well. What model do you have by chance?

What kind of mount are you using for the bike?

aldhee

Super Veteran
nuvi 2527 bro, kinda bulky for a bike but works well, I am using a spider mount ordered to my friend from uk. This is a universal mount both bike and car. But beware of getting a garmin, there are so many counterfeit. So if you are planning to get a new 1 go to some trusted car accessories like blade.

tabi1

Super Veteran
mobile phone size... and the good thing, it only needs 2 AA batteries...
Thanks @Gerry,

I did some checking and it seems that Garmin provides updates online for free for GPS' bought locally and only a few key models. I emailed them yesterday and still no response.

kim19

Super Veteran
Yea leaning towards Garmin, but will one loaded with US maps be hard to install Philippines maps, and can i get them for free somewhere?
AMBOY,
pag meron ka ng garmin nuvi I give you map for you only hehehe.
better to buy garmin with routes.
and contribute to roadguide.ph
install 1st to your computer mapsource for your garmin.
https://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Mapsource
Im am using gps for 5 years.
model...
garmin nuvi 7010 with 10 routes , dakota10 with 10 routes, 1300 , 255w, garminxt nokia,
use original garmin car charger.
improvise mounting picture with gps on follow.

Last edited:

tabi1

Super Veteran
I am going to pick one up in Dubai as I have a few hours to kill before i board my flight. Any model # recommendations that you guys use. I want a 5" screen, possibly bigger as my eyes are old ;).

Topkick

Veteran
Roger! Suction cup that goes with the set. Its an old model Navigon 2100 Max I used in the States. Not Phil map installed. Porma use only whenever (at night...stupid huh. hehehe). Suction cup keeps the unit steady. But never tried/tested it while moving at 150kph. My bike won't reach that speed anyway. Hahahaha!