• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Engine Overhaul

Tay

just overhaul my engine today at about 52999 km on the odometer after nearly 3 years of riding it. basically the engine developed some knocking and ticking sound. went to the mechanic and he told me i need to change the con rod.

sadly i don't remember to take pictures of the damage parts. the piston side and block is badly scratched, the con rod and crankshaft bearings are toasted. it feel very rough when i rotate the bearings. on the con rod bearings, i can see the rollers surface chipped off. there are lots of chipped metal particles in the engine.

other then that, the timing chain, tensioner, rocker arm, valve adjustment, valves etc are still in good condition.

the mechanic told me that it is normal with T135 engine for that to happen. is it true? i change my oil every 2,000km.

these are the parts i changed:

Vixion block
Vixion camshaft
Racing clutch spring
Crankshaft bearing (FAG bearing 6305TB.P63)

now i am still running in so i didn't push the engine much. i do hear some noise on the clutch side which will lessen if i press the clutch. any idea what causes the sound? the mechanic told me it is normal. will post a video of the sound soon.

hope everything else turn out to be fine.

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
ive seen T135 that lasts 100,000kms before change of conrod.
but 50,000 is already worth it.

for the clutch noise, the mechanic can adjust the clutch adjuster to fix it...

Tay

ive seen T135 that lasts 100,000kms before change of conrod.
but 50,000 is already worth it.

for the clutch noise, the mechanic can adjust the clutch adjuster to fix it...
clutch adjuster mean the screw near the engine casing for adjusting the clutch free play?

Thank you sir!!!

Tay

I DIY oil change at about 200km since overhauling. To my surprise, I found lots of metal shaving, metal bits, black solid and some gasket like material and fibre like material in the oil and drain plug.

I know some impurities is normal but this time it seem a bit excessive. I wonder if something is seriously wrong.

I should bring the bike back to the mechanics for oil change at 500km to see if things improve. Let see what he will say. See all those junk in the oil bring tears to my eyes. Sad...

Hi Everyone,

I can't remember when was the last time i have visited our site :) But since this is the only T135 website, i know as a T135 User that i could find here best solutions and since a lot of knowledge were already written here.
With regards to Engine overhauling, i have visited a mechanic in the nearest 3s shop in antipolo city. he suggest to me that i should need an major overhaul after he checked the condition and i would cost a lot of money like more than 10,000 for the genuine parts replacement.

my question is that:
1. since i don't want to let go my snipee, would it be ok to replace undergo an overhaul with bigger engine?
1.1 how much is the estimate cost if i replace it with vixion set?
1.2 my T135 is AutoClutch, will this be an issue with vixion engine?
1.3 what is the average lifespan when i do this overhaul with vixion or other bigger engine?

2. where to find R edition body kit? (kinda out of topic)

Last edited: