• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Engine Oil Additives

toybats

any feedback or anybody using engine oil additives like oil treatment? what are the effects to our engine performance? does it really matters?

Tr3C3

Super Veteran
Yes, it matters, afaik all these are being developed for longlife of engine, given that you follow the basic maintenance standards like changing oil regularly and the earlier the better.. (in which, will depend on your budget..) but if you are an enthusiast, then you wont be sorry to let go of a few bucks over it.. IMHO

Different Oil Additives react and contribute to engine performance, ie. Nano, Ester (Putoline oils)

NanoTech - Observed smooth engine response (provided that air filters and carburetors are well cleaned and maintained) minimized Engine vibrations
EsterTech - Almost same smooth as NanoTech - only thing is NanoTech cost more bucks.

Less Engine Vibration means, better performance in racing, less strain. The more stable you are in riding, the better the handling.
Yamaha is well known to be Engine Balanced to chassis..

Last edited:

toybats

Yes, it matters, afaik all these are being developed for longlife of engine, given that you follow the basic maintenance standards like changing oil regularly and the earlier the better.. (in which, will depend on your budget..) but if you are an enthusiast, then you wont be sorry to let go of a few bucks over it.. IMHO

Different Oil Additives react and contribute to engine performance, ie. Nano, Ester (Putoline oils)

NanoTech - Observed smooth engine response (provided that air filters and carburetors are well cleaned and maintained) minimized Engine vibrations
EsterTech - Almost same smooth as NanoTech - only thing is NanoTech cost more bucks.

Less Engine Vibration means, better performance in racing, less strain. The more stable you are in riding, the better the handling.
Yamaha is well known to be Engine Balanced to chassis..

Thanks a lot Tr3C3 for the informative and useful tips and brand recommendation. Does these oil additives normally merge or mix with our local engine oils? is there specific additives for specific engine oil brands?

twenty1st

Thanks for the info sir Tr3C3. Addnl query sir. since the oil additives needs to be mix wd the engine oil, do we need to mix said oil additives (like nanotech) every time we change our engine oil? TIA master.

Last edited:

princepj888c

Super Veteran
Thanks for the info sir Tr3C3. Addnl query sir. since the oil additives needs to be mix wd the engine oil, do we need to mix said oil additives (like nanotech) every time we change our engine oil? TIA master.

for better info about nanotech pls follow them on facebook you will see there more useful info.

princepj888c

Super Veteran
planning to buy nanotech to tomorrow together with my change oil session. Its my first time to use this nanotech hope it would be very positive result since I heard and read a lot of goof feedback about this.

Tr3C3

Super Veteran
Good Day,

Sorry for a long pause on reply, haven't been able to log in for some time. These additives are already mixed with the Oil - ex. Putoline oils - it has varieties of oils which comprise of Ester and Nanotech. Other oil brands have other additives already mixed as well.. I go for Putoline, with all of the engine oil brands that I have used, Putoline is the only oil brand that I felt has the best engine performance.

Tr3C3

Super Veteran
How much is the putoline oil? and where we can buy it?
MotoMarket, MotoWorld is the distributor of Putoline in the Phils.., there could be other distributors too to which I am not aware of.

I cannot provide you the exact Price due to products/goods could change anytime and I may not be updated with the prices, since Motoworld had Re-Stock. But just to give you the approximate cost. Its between Php 400-700 for what I know of. I stand corrected if wrong.

(Potek ka PrincePJ Barcelon boset! ikaw pala yan, alam mo naman pricing nyan idol eh)

Last edited:

ESOJ de GUZMAN JR

Super Veteran
putoline oil user here.. the best oil ever. frm shell ax7 to putoline. big difference tlga. ung shell mainit sa makina.. ung putoline less vibrate tlga.. at nkalagay sa label sa likod ay good in racing and touring. useful dn kc advance clutch mx ntn. kng walang motoworld sa inyo. pwde mg order sa www.lazada.com search mo dun. same price dn sa motoworld. 400pesos.

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
putoline oil user here.. the best oil ever. frm shell ax7 to putoline. big difference tlga. ung shell mainit sa makina.. ung putoline less vibrate tlga.. at nkalagay sa label sa likod ay good in racing and touring. useful dn kc advance clutch mx ntn. kng walang motoworld sa inyo. pwde mg order sa www.lazada.com search mo dun. same price dn sa motoworld. 400pesos.
is this the semi synthetic 10w-40 Sport 4 I saw in Lazada paps? Php400.00.

Slithereen Guard

any feedback or anybody using engine oil additives like oil treatment? what are the effects to our engine performance? does it really matters?
Paps my advice is just use a higher grade. .10w60 or 10w50 regardless of it being fully synthetic, semi, or mineral based. . no need for engine oil additives. .