• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Daily Devotion

boldstardex

Staff member
“This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4: 9-10
REAL DEAL LOVE
February 14, 2021
Real love – what is it? How do we find it? How do we hold onto it? Our culture is absolutely obsessed with the search for love. Just look at the lyrics of today’s chart-topping songs – they’re always about finding or losing love. And the rumor is if you find that real love music sings of and movies depict – then you’ll be happy. Love, romantic love = happiness.
But what if there was a love greater than one based solely on emotions, attraction, and even lust? What if there was a love more powerful and more enduring? A love not based on circumstances or feelings, but based on commitment and certainty. There is – it’s called God’s love. And it is very real.
Jesus makes it very clear that this real love is available to us. But it’s unlike anything we’ll find in the movies, in another person, or even in the most heart-wrenching love song on the radio – because God’s love never fades or changes. It never walks out or grows cold. God’s love is the real deal.
When we experience this kind of love, it changes us. God’s love even changes how we love others. You know that person at work, school, or in your family that you just can’t stand? When we know the assurance of God’s love for us, God gives us a love powerful enough to love others, even those we don’t like. And that kind of love is worth finding.

boldstardex

Staff member
logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
0:00
iTunesDownload MP3

February 16
Thinking Differently
Bible in a Year:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world.

Romans 12:2
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Today's Scripture & Insight:
Romans 12:1–3
During college, I spent a good chunk of a summer in Venezuela. The food was astounding, the people delightful, the weather and hospitality beautiful. Within the first day or two, however, I recognized that my views on time management weren’t shared by my new friends. If we planned to have lunch at noon, this meant anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. The same for meetings or travel: timeframes were approximations without rigid punctuality. I learned that my idea of “being on time” was far more culturally formed than I’d realized.
All of us are shaped by the cultural values that surround us, usually without us ever noticing. Paul calls this cultural force the “world” (Romans 12:2). Here, “world” doesn’t mean the physical universe, but rather refers to the ways of thinking pervading our existence. It refers to the unquestioned assumptions and guiding ideals handed to us simply because we live in a particular place and time.
Paul warns us to be vigilant to “not conform to the pattern of this world.” Instead, we must be “transformed by the renewing of [our] mind” (v. 2). Rather than passively taking on the ways of thinking and believing that engulf us, we’re called to actively pursue God’s way of thinking and to learn how to understand His “good, pleasing and perfect will” (v. 2). May we learn to follow God rather than every other voice.
By: Winn Collier
Sign in to track your progress!
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
How would you describe the values and assumptions that surround you? What would it look like for you to not conform to the world’s ways and to instead follow Jesus’ ways?
God, I don’t even recognize my assumptions and values most of the time. Help me to live out Your truth and Your mind in it all.

boldstardex

Staff member
“Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said: ‘Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family that you have brought me this far?'” 1 Chronicles 17:16
GOD’S GRACE IS FOR THE TAKING
February 16, 2021
Popular songs come and they go, but there are just some songs that are timeless. Take the hymn Amazing Grace, for example. Is there any hymn more beloved?
The lyrics beautifully sum up the Jesus follower’s journey of redemption, God’s divine grace, and the promise of eternal life. And that eternity will be spent praising God for this incredible gift: “When we’ve been there 10,000 years…we’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we first begun.” What a beautiful image; it’s no wonder this song is sung at many funerals.
The lyrics become even more powerful when we learn a little about the writer’s dark past as a captain of a slave ship. Later, serving as an Anglican priest, John Newton could think of nothing more evil than those former deeds. He was amazed that God would provide such grace despite his wretched past. It’s from that journey of unearned grace received and redemption that the hymn Amazing Grace was written.
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed!
Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come;
‘Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.

Are you dragging along guilt and baggage from your past? Leave it at the foot of the cross. There’s no sin too great to disqualify you from God’s forgiveness, love, and amazing grace. It’s there for the taking; all you have to do is accept.

boldstardex

Staff member
“And whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore, love is the fulfillment of the law.”
Romans 13: 9b-10
THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL
February 17, 2021
As citizens of a nation, one of the most important responsibilities we have is to love our neighbor. What do I mean by love? In this case, love doesn’t refer to a feeling. It doesn’t mean romance. It doesn’t mean that you agree with or even like the person. There are always going to be people that we don’t like, but we are called to love them – no matter what.
Love is a decision of the will on the part of the Christian to treat our fellowman justly and compassionately. It’s treating others right, even loving them enough to speak the truth regarding serious moral and character issues in their lives, when it begins to create a problem. It’s loving them even when we don’t like them! This is agape love – the way God loves. And the greatest way that we can show love to our neighbors is to share God’s love for them in Jesus Christ. It’s a love that is meant for all mankind. Period. It’s a love for Republicans and Democrats, progressives and conservatives, the politically correct and the religious moralist. It’s even a love for the racist, the bigot, or terrorist. Jesus’ love is a love for all. That may be hard for some to accept, but it is the TRUTH.
So, what is our role as a Christ-follower, a citizen, and an individual? To love God and to love others – this is the fulfillment of the law.

boldstardex

Staff member
‘Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when He judges the world.’ 1 Peter 2: 11-12
THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME
February 18, 2021
For over 200 years, biblical values were the accepted moral standard for the majority of Americans. Of course, that didn’t mean that people always lived up to them. They didn’t and still don’t – because no one is perfect – but it was the accepted standard. Today things are very different. And while this causes fear among many Christians who have watched society radically change, God isn’t surprised. In fact, God’s Word speaks straight to the heart of the morality battle in our country and around the world.
Don’t forget, God reminds us: You are aliens. You are strangers. You are foreigners in the nations in which you live (My paraphrase). For followers of Jesus, our primary citizenship is in the kingdom of God. This world is but a short stop on the way to heaven.
And because of that, we will not always agree with everything culture has to offer. We will not always be in-sync with the majority of popular worldviews. And that’s ok – because our eternal citizenship is not in this world.
So how do we navigate the tension created when popular culture contradicts our Biblical values? We focus on living a life that pleases God rather than others. This doesn’t mean we judge, condemn, and hate, but we live lives of purity, goodness, and love according to the teachings of the Word of God. In doing so, our lives will reflect Jesus. And who knows? Some may recognize genuine goodness in us and want to have what we have. With that big picture in mind, even this short, temporary passing through of this life takes on an eternal purpose and meaning.

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

February 20
Strengthened by Grace
Bible in a Year:

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:1
COMMENT
JOURNAL
2 Timothy 2:1–4
During the American Civil War, the penalty for desertion was execution. But the Union armies rarely executed deserters because their commander-in-chief, Abraham Lincoln, pardoned nearly all of them. This infuriated Edwin Stanton, the Secretary of War, who believed that Lincoln’s leniency only enticed would-be deserters. But Lincoln empathized with soldiers who had lost their nerve and who had given in to their fear in the heat of battle. And his empathy endeared him to his soldiers. They loved their “Father Abraham,” and their affection led the soldiers to want to serve Lincoln all the more.
When Paul calls Timothy to join him in “suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 2:3), he calls him to a tough job description. A soldier is to be completely dedicated, hard-working, and selfless. He’s to serve his commanding officer, Jesus, wholeheartedly. But in reality, we sometimes fail to be His good soldiers. We don’t always serve Him faithfully. And so Paul’s opening phrase is important: “be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (v. 1). Our Savior is full of grace. He empathizes with our weaknesses and forgives our failures (Hebrews 4:15). And just as the Union soldiers were encouraged by Lincoln’s compassion, so believers are strengthened by the grace of Jesus. We want to serve Him all the more because we know He loves us.
By: Con Campbell
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
How can the grace of Christ become a source of strength for you to serve Him? What does it mean for you to suffer for Jesus?
Dear God, please strengthen me in the grace of Christ that I may serve Him faithfully.

boldstardex

Staff member
“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.” Colossians 3:13a
BEING AT PEACE WITH OTHERS
February 19, 2021
There’s a story about a death row inmate named Rusty. He had brutally killed several people and was sitting on death row awaiting his fate when he became a Christian. Immediately, he began to change. He even sent letters to the families of his victims, apologizing for his actions and asking for their forgiveness.
About a year later, one of the families arranged to visit with him. You can imagine the tension and fear as Rusty faced the family of one of the victims. The victim’s father looked Rusty square in the eyes and said, “For years, I hated you. But when I came to understand that Christ has forgiven me of all my sins, I knew I had no choice but to forgive you. We’re here today to let you know that we forgive you.”*
That kind of forgiveness is not natural; it’s supernatural. It’s the supernatural power of Jesus that gave that family the ability to forgive such a horrific act that took the life of their loved one. It’s a spirit that is distinct to Christianity – the willingness to forgive others that do not deserve our forgiveness at all. We forgive because that’s exactly what God does for us. He forgives us through the cross even though we are completely undeserving.
Believing this brings us peace with God. And this peace gives us a desire to be at peace with others—through forgiveness.
*Being the Body, Chuck Colson

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

February 22
Like Jesus
Bible in a Year:

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son.

Romans 8:29
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Romans 8:22–30
As a boy, theologian Bruce Ware was frustrated that 1 Peter 2:21–23 calls us to be like Jesus. Ware wrote of his youthful exasperation in his book The Man Christ Jesus. “Not fair, I determined. Especially when the passage says to follow in the steps of one ‘who did no sin.’ This was totally outlandish . . . . I just couldn’t see how God could really mean for us to take it seriously.”
I understand why Ware would find such a biblical challenge so daunting! An old chorus says, “To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus. My desire, to be like Him.” But as Ware rightly noted, we are incapable of doing that. Left to ourselves, we could never become like Jesus.
However, we’re not left to ourselves. The Holy Spirit has been given to the child of God, in part so that Christ can be formed in us (Galatians 4:19). So it should come as no surprise that in Paul’s great chapter on the Spirit we read, “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son” (Romans 8:29). God will see His work completed in us. And He does it through the Spirit of Jesus living in us.
As we yield to the Spirit’s work in us, we truly become more like Jesus. How comforting to know that’s God’s great desire for us!
By: Bill Crowder
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
What attribute of the fruit of the Spirit would you like to live out to a greater degree? (see Galatians 5:22–23). What will help you do so?
Father, I long to be more like Your Son but so often fall short in word, thought, or deed. Forgive me, and help me to yield to the work of Your Spirit so that Jesus might be formed in me.
For further study, read Free in the Spirit at DiscoverySeries.org/Q0307.

boldstardex

Staff member
“Thomas said to Him, ‘Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?’ Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 14: 5-6

THE THIRD OPTION
February 21, 2021
According to Pew Research’s 2014 Religious Landscape Study, 66% of American Christians say that many religions can lead to eternal life. This is a big problem because it is 100% contrary to the teachings of Jesus. By taking the “politically correct,” all-inclusive stance, you’re saying that Jesus was a liar when He made the statement, “I am the ONLY way to the Father” (My paraphrase.) So the question to ask is this: Do you believe Jesus? There are only three responses:
  • Jesus was crazy – a delusional, megalomaniac believing Himself to be God.
  • Jesus lied so that He could have a following and therefore, He was a fraud.
  • Jesus IS who He said He is – the Son of God.
That’s it. Those are the options. Now, for those pondering this question, it’s important to understand why Christians choose the third option. Firstly, Jesus sacrificed His life on the cross for you and me. He loved us so much that He willingly went to the cross in order to take upon Himself OUR sins so that we could have a relationship with God. Secondly, Jesus rose from the dead, conquering death and proving that He was more than an ordinary man. And for those interested, the historical evidence is absolutely overwhelming that Christ did in fact, rise from the dead. He is God. He is who He said He is.
The Christian faith rises and falls on the resurrection of Jesus. If He didn’t rise from the dead, then He was like every other ordinary person, only worse – He was a delusional fraud. But if Christ DID in fact overcome death, then His words hold incredible weight and authority. A risen Jesus has more authority than Mohammad or Buddha who lived and died, saying, “I’m going to show you A way.” Instead, Jesus said, “I am THE way.”
Jesus is life and no one comes to the Father without knowing and walking with Jesus. So, what option will you choose?

boldstardex

Staff member
“For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17
FINDING TRUTH
February 23, 2021
“For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
2 Corinthians 3:17
What is truth and where can we find it? Truth is not found in man-made philosophy or ideology, but in a person—the person of Jesus Christ. And for those of us searching for truth in an ‘everything goes,’ politically correct society, we need the truth now more than ever. But where do we start looking?
God gives us two promises when it comes to finding truth:
  1. Jesus is TRUTH: The truth of God is revealed in Jesus, through the Bible. The more we read God’s Word, trust it and apply it to our everyday lives, the more we begin to discover the truth that is Christ Jesus.
  2. Truth brings FREEDOM: Freedom from what? Freedom from being a slave to sin, shame, and guilt caused by our mistakes. It’s freedom from being enslaved to our selfish desires. It’s a freedom that allows us to live in truth, believe the truth, and demonstrate the truth to others.
But how do we demonstrate the truth that we’ve discovered in Jesus when so many cultural norms seem to contradict God’s Word? By focusing on Jesus. See how searching for truth and living in truth comes full circle? It’s all about looking to Jesus and letting the Holy Spirit free us from areas of sin, bondage, and ideologies of this world.
In other words: The Spirit guides us, directs us (through God’s Word), and empowers us to become more like Jesus. And when that happens, we will experience incredible freedom from our pasts, our sins, and even the ideologies and pressures of society today. That’s the Truth!

boldstardex

Staff member
“So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, ‘May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!’”
Daniel 6: 16
TO HAVE THE COURAGE OF DANIEL
February 25, 2021
It’s a story of courage, integrity, and an incredible faith. Daniel, a Jewish captive living in Babylon (modern-day Iraq) rose to great prominence and became an advisor to the king. Later, after the Persians (modern-day Iran) conquered Babylon, Daniel’s wisdom and influence led him to a similar position alongside the king of Persia. Well, it didn’t take long for the other advisors to become jealous of Daniel’s influence (especially since he was a foreigner).
Knowing that Daniel was fully devoted to God and prayed three times a day, they convinced the king to issue a month-long decree that outlawed prayer to anyone other than the king. The advisors knew that Daniel would put God before the king’s decree and therefore be killed – death by hungry lions. But in an incredible miracle, God intervened. God protected Daniel from death, which in turn caused the king of Persia to proclaim the greatness of Daniel’s God throughout his empire!
So, what does this have to do with us today? While identifying as a follower of Jesus isn’t always popular, it rarely results in this level of persecution – at least for those of us in the West. But it does demonstrate what our response should be when it comes to popular culture and authority. We may lose our job, our friends or our status, but Daniel’s example should inspire us to remain faithful.
It’s about submission. As followers of Jesus, we are called to submit to Christ above all else– it means trusting Christ with our lives. At the same time, we are also to submit to worldly institutions like educators, laws and government– unless it means violating your conscience and God’s will, as shown in Scripture. So what would you do if forced to choose between God and government? Daniel chose to obey God over the government when the government commanded that he betray his faith. What courage! What faith! What an example for us all!

boldstardex

Staff member
  1. “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.” Ephesians 5:8
THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN?
March 1, 2021
The Atacama Desert in Chile is said to be the driest place on earth. But in August 2010, the route to the San Jose mine, where 33 men had been trapped for over a month, that desert was carpeted in a rare, lush spectacle: an explosion of purple flowers – the beauty of hope. It took 17 days after the mine’s collapse for rescuers to discover that all of the trapped men were still alive. Getting them out, however, proved to be another challenge altogether. Incredibly, after many maneuvers, precise techniques, and God’s help, each man was pulled to safety and welcomed back into the arms of their families.
In many ways, this story is a parable of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All of us are trapped by sin at birth and living in spiritual darkness. The only hope we have of escaping an eternity of death, doom, and darkness is through Jesus Christ. Jesus came down to earth to save us. He’s the rescuer and trusting in Him is our only hope.
Now, imagine if this had happened: What if, after all the effort on behalf of the rescue team, one of the miners had said, “I really appreciate everything you’ve gone through to get to us, but I’m a tough, strong, dedicated miner. The rest of you guys can go if you want to, but I’m gonna try to make it out on my own.” What would you think of the miner who said that? You would probably think he was crazy!
Sadly, that’s exactly how many people respond to the Good News of Jesus Christ. After all that Christ has done on our behalf: coming to earth, taking our sins to the cross, rising again, and offering us eternal life and relationship with God, so many people still believe that one way or another, they’ll make it to heaven on their own. Yet, Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). There is only one way – through Jesus.
No matter how strong, independent, and successful you are, if Christ is telling the truth, He is your ONLY hope of salvation. I believe Him; do you? Are you still trapped in darkness by your sin? Jesus is offering you a way out – you only have to reach up and take it!

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

March 3
Preserved
Bible in a Year:

The Lord himself goes before you.

Deuteronomy 31:8
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Deuteronomy 31:1–8
While I was clearing out the garden in preparation for spring planting, I pulled up a large clump of winter weeds . . . and leapt into the air! A venomous copperhead snake lay hidden in the undergrowth just below my hand—an inch lower and I would have grabbed it by mistake. I saw its colorful markings as soon as I lifted the clump; the rest of it was coiled in the weeds between my feet.
When my feet hit the ground a few feet away, I thanked God I hadn’t been bitten. And I wondered how many other times He had kept me from dangers I never knew were there.
God watches over His people. Moses told the Israelites as they prepared to enter the promised land, “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (Deuteronomy 31:8). They couldn’t see God, but He was with them nonetheless.
Sometimes difficult things happen that we may not understand, but we can also reflect on the number of times God has preserved us without our ever being aware!
Scripture reminds us that His perfect, providential care remains over His people every day. He’s always with us (Matthew 28:20).
By: James Banks
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
How does the biblical truth that God watches over His people comfort you? Who can you tell about His faithfulness today?
Faithful Father, thank You for watching over me every day. Please give me grace to walk closely with You in everything I do today.

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

March 4
Knowing the Father
Bible in a Year:

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.”

John 14:9
COMMENT
JOURNAL
John 14:8–11
According to legend, British conductor Sir Thomas Beecham once saw a distinguished-looking woman in a hotel foyer. Believing he knew her but unable to remember her name, he paused to talk with her. As the two chatted, he vaguely recollected that she had a brother. Hoping for a clue, he asked how her brother was doing and whether he was still working at the same job. “Oh, he’s very well,” she said, “And still king.”
A case of mistaken identity can be embarrassing, as it was for Sir Beecham. But at other times it may be more serious, as it was for Jesus’ disciple Philip. The disciple knew Christ, of course, but he hadn’t fully appreciated who He was. He wanted Jesus to “show [them] the Father,” and Jesus responded, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father” (John 14:8–9). As God’s unique Son, Christ reveals the Father so perfectly that to know one is to know the other (vv. 10–11).
If we ever wonder what God is like in His character, personality, or concern for others, we only need to look to Jesus to find out. Christ’s character, kindness, love, and mercy reveal God’s character. And although our amazing, awesome God is beyond our complete comprehension and understanding, we have a tremendous gift in what He’s revealed of Himself in Jesus.
By: Con Campbell
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
How well do you know God’s character? How does it match your perception of who Jesus is?
Dear God, help me to grow in my knowledge and appreciation of who You are.

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

March 8
The Reason for Writing
Bible in a Year:

But these are written that you may believe.

John 20:31
COMMENT
JOURNAL
John 20:24–31
“The Lord is my high tower . . . . We left the camp singing.” On September 7, 1943, Etty Hillesum wrote those words on a postcard and threw it from a train. Those were the final recorded words we would hear from her. On November 30, 1943, she was murdered at Auschwitz. Later, Hillesum’s diaries of her experiences in a concentration camp were translated and published. They chronicled her perspectives on the horrors of Nazi occupation along with the beauty of God’s world. Her diaries have been translated into sixty-seven languages—a gift to all who would read and believe the good as well as the bad.
The apostle John didn’t sidestep the harsh realities of Jesus’ life on earth; he wrote of both the good Jesus did and the challenges He faced. The final words from his gospel give insight into the purpose behind the book that bears his name. Jesus performed “many other signs . . . which are not recorded” (20:30) by John. But these, he says, were “written that you may believe” (v. 31). John’s “diary” ends on the note of triumph: “Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God.” The gift of those gospel words allows us the opportunity to believe and “have life in his name.”
The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) are diary accounts of God’s love for us. They’re words to read and believe and share, for they lead us to life. They lead us to Christ.
By: John Blase
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
How might it change the way you read the Gospels if you thought of them as diaries? How are you being led to the heart of Christ through them?
Gracious God, thank You for the gift of the Scriptures, written down by faithful hands so that I might believe and have life.

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

March 11
Out of Our Poverty
Bible in a Year:

They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.

Mark 12:44
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Mark 12:38–44
Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates made history when they launched the Giving Pledge, promising to donate half of their money. As of 2018, this meant giving away 92 billion dollars. The pledge made psychologist Paul Piff curious to study giving patterns. Through a research test, he discovered that the poor were inclined to give 44 percent more of what they had than wealthy people. Those who’ve felt their own poverty are often moved to greater generosity.
Jesus knew this. Visiting the temple, He watched the crowds drop gifts into the treasury (Mark 12:41). The rich tossed in wads of cash, but a poor widow pulled out her last two copper coins, worth maybe a penny, and placed them into the basket. I picture Jesus standing up, delighted and astounded. Immediately, He gathered His disciples, making sure they didn’t miss this dazzling act. “This poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others,” Jesus exclaimed (v. 43). The disciples looked at each other, bewildered, hoping someone could explain what Jesus was talking about. So, He made it plain: those bringing huge gifts “gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything” (v. 44).
We may have little to give, but Jesus invites us to give out of our poverty. Though it may seem meager to others, we give what we have, and God finds great joy in our lavish gifts.
By: Winn Collier
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
What does it mean for you to give out of your poverty? How can you give “everything” for Jesus today?
God, I don’t feel like I have much to offer. My gifts feel puny and worthless. But I’m here. All of me. Will You receive me in my poverty?

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

March 12
Every Breath
Bible in a Year:

I will put breath in you.

Ezekiel 37:6
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Ezekiel 37:1–3, 7–10, 14
When Tee Unn came down with a rare autoimmune disease that weakened all his muscles and nearly killed him, he realized that being able to breathe was a gift. For more than a week, a machine had to pump air into his lungs every few seconds, which was a painful part of his treatment.
Tee Unn made a miraculous recovery, and today he reminds himself not to complain about life’s challenges. “I’ll just take a deep breath,” he says, “and thank God I can.”
How easy it is to focus on things we need or want, and forget that sometimes the smallest things in life can be the greatest miracles. In Ezekiel’s vision (Ezekiel 37:1–14), God showed the prophet that only He could give life to dry bones. Even after tendons, flesh, and skin had appeared, “there was no breath in them” (v. 8). It was only when God gave them breath that they could live again (v. 10).
This vision illustrated God’s promise to restore Israel from devastation. It also reminds me that anything I have, big or small, is useless unless God gives me breath.
How about thanking God for the simplest blessings in life today? Amid the daily struggle, let’s stop occasionally to take a deep breath, and “let everything that has breath praise the Lord” (Psalm 150:6).
By: Leslie Koh
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
What will you thank God for right now? How can you remind yourself to thank Him more often today?
Thank You, God, for every breath You’ve given me. Thank You for the smallest things in life and the greatest miracles of life.

boldstardex

Staff member
Logo
Love God. Love Others.
Sign In
SUPPORT

Today's Devotional

BOOKMARK
iTunesDownload MP3

March 13
God’s Storybook
Bible in a Year:

God blessed them. . . . God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

Genesis 1:28, 31
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Genesis 1:26–31
Wanting to enjoy the beautiful day, I headed out for a walk and soon met a new neighbor. He stopped me and introduced himself: “My name is Genesis, and I’m six and a half years old.”
“Genesis is a great name! It’s a book in the Bible,” I replied.
“What’s the Bible?” he asked.
“It’s God’s storybook about how He made the world and people and how He loves us.”
His inquisitive response made me smile: “Why did He make the world and people and cars and houses? And is my picture in His book?”
While there isn’t a literal picture of my new friend Genesis or the rest of us in the Scriptures, we’re a big part of God’s storybook. We see in Genesis 1 that “God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God He created them” (v. 27). God walked with them in the garden, and then warned about giving in to the temptation to be their own god (ch. 3). Later in His book, God told about how, in love, His Son, Jesus, came to walk with us again and brought about a plan for our forgiveness and the restoration of His creation.
As we look at the Bible, we learn that our Creator wants us to know Him, talk with Him, and even ask Him our questions. He cares for us more than we can imagine.
By: Anne Cetas
SIGN IN

Reflect & Pray
Where do you see yourself in God’s story? In what ways are you experiencing His fellowship?
Loving God, thank You for making me a part of Your story. May I love You and others as You love me.
Read Understanding the Bible: The Gospels at DiscoverySeries.org/Q0414.

boldstardex

Staff member
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
IS YOUR LIGHT FADING?
March 14, 2021
For the residents or lucky visitors of the Southern Hemisphere (think places like Buenos Aires or Fiji), there’s a stellar delight that few Northerners know about. It’s called the Southern Cross and is a small but beautiful constellation located in the southern sky, very close to the neighboring constellation of Centaurus.
The Southern Cross is one of the most recognizable features in the skies of the Southern Hemisphere, but unfortunately, due to increasing amounts of artificial light in the big urban regions, such as Sydney, Australia, the Southern Cross is appearing fainter and less distinctive in the sky.
What a powerful parallel to the lives of many who claim to follow Jesus. As the world’s influence on ethical and moral standards increase, the truth of the Bible becomes harder to see. Where once we were light in the darkness, now some of our light has faded into obscurity, no longer seen in a world filled with darkness.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. If you call yourself a Christian, let me ask you a question: Do others see the light of Christ in your life? Or has it faded and blended into culture – becoming non-existent and invisible to others? Jesus followers were called to be light and life in a dark and dying world. So, don’t settle for blending in when God has called you to stand out!

boldstardex

Staff member
“I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly.”
John 10:10

FILL IN THE BLANK
March 15, 2021
The Lord spoke to me through a bumper sticker.
Let me explain.
I recently saw a car with a bumper sticker that said, “Pizza is life.” As the car drove away, the Spirit of God asked me a question: “Jonathan, what is ‘life’ to you?”
Each of us must wrestle with this question because we are always looking to someone or something for life. By “life,” I mean more than just our physical existence; I mean that which brings vitality to our spirit. Unless you’re a die-hard pizza fanatic like the driver of that car, it’s probably not pizza, but it’s something.
How do you know? Simple. Remove the word ‘pizza’ and you’re left with a fill-in-the-blank: ________ is life. What would you write in that blank? In other words, if that bumper sticker was on the back of your car, how would it read? Work is life? Entertainment is life? My Boyfriend is life? Whether we realize it or not, how we choose to “fill in” our blank is on constant display to those around us. Our daily behaviors testify where we believe real life is found.
The truth? The resounding message of the Bible says “Jesus is Life.” (Many of us say we believe this, but our actions are often out of sync with our beliefs.)
Jesus gives an open invitation to come to Him as the Source of satisfying, overflowing, eternal life. “Apart from Him, we are physically alive, but spiritually dead and separated from our Heavenly Father” (Ephesians 2:1).
You see, when we turn to Jesus, we experience life according to His original design: a life lived in fellowship with God. Intimacy with the Father, Son, and Spirit is the essence of abundant life (John 17:3). And life is abundant, not because of material prosperity or minimal suffering, but because we have been reconciled to the Author and Sustainer of life.
Here’s the problem: While we are free to enjoy the blessings of life, like pizza, we must keep them from becoming the center of our life. Each day, we are bombarded by messages telling us that life is found everywhere except in Jesus. Even committed believers can easily drift away from Him, seeking life elsewhere.
Author and pastor Paul Tripp says, We are all searching for life, and there are only two places to look. You can look to the Creator for life or you can search for life in what He created.
Take a hard look at your thoughts, the motivations of your heart, and how you spend your time and resources. Follow the trail and it will reveal the truth of what life really is to you. Is it the Creator or His creation?
How do you fill in the blank? Be careful – you may want to re-think your answer.

Written by Jonathan Munson, Executive Director, Right From The Heart