• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Customs import tax and duties

blue308

Veteran
(This question is addressed primarily to our Philippine based forum members)

What is the process involved when ordering parts overseas? Will they come to my doorstep or will I have to pick them up at the port/airport and pay tax?

Or, is it better to deal with local vendors who have experience with the bureau of customs.

King.Leoric

Super Veteran
As for me, I know the courier for our place so I called him a day or the day I was expecting the package and he deliver to my doorstep ^_^. I just gave him 10 USD as tip. I did that already twice ^_^

blue308

Veteran
That's good to know. I was kinda worried that I'd have to go to some receiving office and claim my order, then make a "smooth" transaction.
Thanks king.

King.Leoric

Super Veteran
But beware now. Most of the goods from outside philippines are being held now by Customs. So I suggest do whatever it takes so it will not be end up on the hands of Customs

G

goff_d_p35

From my personal experience, and from my friend that works at the local post office here in Angeles City, Customs fee's are based on what is being imported and how much it cost. but according to my friend, any Automotive or motorcycle parts and accessories that are being imported Customs can hold them and charge an amount based on the amount of the item that is being shipped, for example: if you have a care part that cost $500.00USD customs will charge you about $100.00USD just in customs duties and tax's.

So it really depends on what is being shipped and how much it cost you for the part's. And here in PH. customs have been known to steel some products. eg: one of my church friends had a box coming from Korea, when she got it the box had been opened and a lot of stuff was removed from inside it. the insurance from the carrier wouldn't cover it sense it was signed that it was delivered to PH customs. it took a month before she got the box from the time it reached customs in Manila.

even me, when i ordered a Trioval exhaust system from Haen, It took three weeks from the time it reached customs to reach me. and when i got it the exhaust canister has some deep scratches.

just some experience of mine to share.