• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Changing 4th gear to 21 teeth

reiner

Super Veteran
sir anyone make your 4th gear change to 21 teeth to get more power in top end...

pls post your modification and picture how to do it...

dark_sniper_15

@big poppa, is it dangerous or critical shall I say to install it?are there any caution in installing and bringing back the engine?

please let me know...thanks...

big poppa

Super Veteran
It is really not your simpler install new block and piston type of maintenance. This will require the dissassembling of the whole engine and removal thereof, from the chassis.

So I recommend that once you have this done, you try to have other maintenance/repair/mods performed on your engine as well (e.g. install a pin, changing of the bearings, etc etc)

Just remember to go to an experienced mechanic. A Good mechanic will be well versed with the R&R of the gears and I don't think it is dangerous. Critical though, is to change all your bearings on the crankshaft and conrod as it may take you a long time before you open the engine again :D optional is to change all your other gaskets too

dark_sniper_15

thanks

thanks big poppa, and by the way do you have already installed 6305 bearing on your crankshaft?and also can you tell me your mechanic so that i can contact him if i want mine to be installed by a 21t 4th gear?

thanks a lot...

marcusfilter

Staff member
to add up with BP...to have this replace will be costly, better yet do the engine modz at the same time...

Guess BP's mechanic is in Pampanga...

Mine was done by Revzone.

Ride Safe

big poppa

Super Veteran
Re: thanks

dark_sniper_15 said:
thanks big poppa, and by the way do you have already installed 6305 bearing on your crankshaft?and also can you tell me your mechanic so that i can contact him if i want mine to be installed by a 21t 4th gear?

thanks a lot...
The 2 bearings on the crankshaft? (93306-305X8 & 93306-305X7), should be mandatory. And also the crankpin (93310-528X7) as you wont be able to easily access it unless you open the engine.

Yup Sir marcus is correct. Expensive! hehehe. Bong from Concepcion/Yamaha Team, worked on my engine.

marcusfilter

Staff member
Where else to go? go to the Number one mechanic that has the winning bike as well...ha ha ha....

ride safe

big poppa

Super Veteran
marcusfilter said:
Where else to go? go to the Number one mechanic that has the winning bike as well...ha ha ha....

ride safe
Hehehe revzone sir? plus plus nearer to manila! Isnt it right sir marcus?! :D

marcusfilter

Staff member
big poppa said:
marcusfilter said:

ride safe
Hehehe revzone sir? plus plus nearer to manila! Isnt it right sir marcus?! :D

yap(Revzone) or to go to bong concepcion...you can never go wrong with this two guys.

you can earn the money you spent for your bike, but the hassle, you thinking of your bike before going to sleep...that money cant buy ...

ride safe

reiner

Super Veteran
thrasher said:
did it to my bike. never regretted it. been happy for the past 1 year plus with it. no more 4th gear lag!
can you show us how to do it.. pls attach pic.. tnx bro...

sniper31

Super Veteran
Bro, what gear do we change? The stock gear of our 4th gear is 23/22, am i ryth? Is the first gear (23) or the 2nd gear (22)? Pls tell me bc0z im planning to buy f0r u. For example: changed to 23/21 or 21/22. Pls tell us which is the right one. Or pm me sir. Tnx!