• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Break Piston Ring Slot

Bulat

Hi all, I using 62mm stock piston with jack rod 0.5mm. Rebore std carb, chamber, thailand orange cdi, my prob is why I got crack or breakages on ring piston shoes, 1st I used x1r block n piston(forged) break, 2nd used oem hong leong can stands only 5 days, 3rd tym also using oem piston ring n stands 2 days, 3 tym change piston ring with x1r block, block no sign or problem, yesterday 1 buy 62mm shark block n piston set but stands only 1 day. All is about piston set gone, Could please help me what is prob. R these about fuel, compressor etc.

Attachments

sacker42

Super Veteran
hi-compression set up can break your piston ring hole. are you using stock head with stock valve?

Last edited:

Bulat

I just modify my std head (exhaust n intake) bigger hole. Valve is std
I just running 140kmh n not more than that, that mean I need to loose my compressor with big valve mr sacker42
I just modify my std head (exhaust n intake) bigger hole. Valve is std
I just running 140kmh n not more than that, that mean I need to loose my compressor with big valve mr sacker42

sniper31

Super Veteran
2 times happen to me, i was using uma 62mm ceramic bore. But my uma piston was damage at the ring slot but the block still good., thats why i bought again 62mm pitsbike forged. Again.... the piston ring slot cracked and damage., but my uma block still no damage thats why i bought again a 62mm pitsbike forged at third time and now my piston is still alive! Finally i found that my carb jettings is LEAN., that is the cause why my piston ring slot is always damage. Overheat is the main cause of damage.

Bulat

2 times happen to me, i was using uma 62mm ceramic bore. But my uma piston was damage at the ring slot but the block still good., thats why i bought again 62mm pitsbike forged. Again.... the piston ring slot cracked and damage., but my uma block still no damage thats why i bought again a 62mm pitsbike forged at third time and now my piston is still alive! Finally i found that my carb jettings is LEAN., that is the cause why my piston ring slot is always damage. Overheat is the main cause of damage.
I just using rebore std carb, r this is my prob. That's mean I need to bought like uma 28mm or 30mm carb.