• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Bad Idle Excellent Running Bike

jazzyjuan76

Hi guys,i have a problem with my bike at idle,it runs great at low rpm and high rpm,not a single problem besides while in idle it just can’t stay running and it dies,this happens with a espada 160cc injector i must add the stock injector has perfect idle but lacks on gasoline especially at high speeds,I don’t know if there is a 8 hole injector I could use?my bike is a sniper 150 2017 with only 2000 km here are my specs any help would be appreciated,Thanks
Here is what i have in the engine...

Mds 65mm ceramic coated block and piston set

Espada 22/24 cylinder head and race cam shaft

UMA Racing 32 mm throttle body

Espada 160 cc injector 10 holes

UMA Racing air filter

UMA Racing RC M4 ECU

Mody5 back pressure (stock looks muffler)

Attachments

man_sate

Super Veteran
Hi guys,i have a problem with my bike at idle,it runs great at low rpm and high rpm,not a single problem besides while in idle it just can’t stay running and it dies,this happens with a espada 160cc injector i must add the stock injector has perfect idle but lacks on gasoline especially at high speeds,I don’t know if there is a 8 hole injector I could use?my bike is a sniper 150 2017 with only 2000 km here are my specs any help would be appreciated,Thanks
Here is what i have in the engine...

Mds 65mm ceramic coated block and piston set

Espada 22/24 cylinder head and race cam shaft

UMA Racing 32 mm throttle body

Espada 160 cc injector 10 holes

UMA Racing air filter

UMA Racing RC M4 ECU

Mody5 back pressure (stock looks muffler)

Hi,
It's enough with 160cc injector?
I calculate your cc around 196cc. Either 200cc or 180cc injector and to be safe better use 200cc. 160cc injector with 65mm block is a leaner running setup and it's dangerous.
Idle can be set at the idle screw near throttle body or you can adjust it in ecu. I'm not familiar with Uma Racing M4 Ecu UI or interface. I have experience with Apitech Ecu and you can adjust idle from there.

jazzyjuan76

Hi,
It's enough with 160cc injector?
I calculate your cc around 196cc. Either 200cc or 180cc injector and to be safe better use 200cc. 160cc injector with 65mm block is a leaner running setup and it's dangerous.
Idle can be set at the idle screw near throttle body or you can adjust it in ecu. I'm not familiar with Uma Racing M4 Ecu UI or interface. I have experience with Apitech Ecu and you can adjust idle from there.
Hi thanks so much for your reply,my mechanic tried adjusting the idle at the throttle body but still had the problem sometimes while adjusting idle was better but it would take about 6-7 seconds to go to total idle seems it had too much gas and kept high rpms till all the extra fuel burned,that was what my mech explained,but me not convinced i went ahead and read a lot and then bought the iLink cable for pc....
It seems that the UMA RC M4 default map comes with 150cc displacement,standard injector and standard exhaust,so all i had to do is get another map for my set up....
195cc displacement,160cc injector and custom exhaust,then i changed 2 setting on the ECU software,i enable deceleration fuel cut and AFR Close loop Control,after this all is good and idle is perfect.
I hope this helps someone else in the future....
RCM4 ECU is excellent and the 4 way of adjustment are awesome but is not gonna be enough if you have an upgraded engine because of the default settings that you can’t change unless you have the iLink cable if you already invested in the ECU get the iLInk cable as well works great with the premade maps,Thanks

This picture is how it worked for me is not connected ATM but this is what i used...

Attachments