• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

2009 T135 Model

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
ive heard that 2009 model of Yamaha T135 (5clutch linings)
have 11.0 Compression Ratio compared with old model with 10.9 compression ratio.

where do they squished?
piston or in the head?

pEkz

Super Veteran
another question about the new model of t135... i've talked to one of a sniper owner and noticed that his newly claimed t135 has R-Edition.. it's also a blue hand cluth model but the difference is the silver fairing parts is no black....

sir traxx any news about this one?

elyouch

Super Veteran
i thought this is 2009 YAMAHAT135 (forumer) MODEL
nyahahaha..

it's good that i read the topic title twice, if not i might nominate pekz..hahaha

subscribing baby!

X Project

Super Veteran
traxxas-modifier said:
ive heard that 2009 model of Yamaha T135 (5clutch linings)
have 11.0 Compression Ratio compared with old model with 10.9 compression ratio.

where do they squished?
piston or in the head?
Ah bro Traxx, there's no such compression ratio as 11.0 because there should be a remaining air volume on the combustion chamber, otherwise, piston is going to hit the cylinder head, hence would make the engine impossible to or even crank up to complete full cycle... Regarding your last question, its kinda confusing... The term squish is the compression of the air volume from the outer side of the cylinder forcing the mixture into the center when the piston is stroked up to the TDC, so obviously the squish band is between the pistons's "TDC" and the remaining air volume to the cyl head on the outerside of the cylinder...

pEkz

Super Veteran
ei brother x project how about my question?? do you have any idea about that??

X Project

Super Veteran
pEkz said:
Regarding the "R series", I havent really noticed any yet... But I saw white/grey Snipers and black as well for the new series... The thing is, when a bike model is upgraded to "R series" it SHOULD mean that there are advance changes on the engine specifically... I have to look onto it as well but normally for T135s', there could be some changes for every series but wont differ much from its predecessor... That is kinda interesting, I will provide feedback in a week or so regarding this bro...

pEkz

Super Veteran
X Project said:
pEkz said:
Regarding the "R series", I havent really noticed any yet... But I saw white/grey Snipers and black as well for the new series... The thing is, when a bike model is upgraded to "R series" it SHOULD mean that there are advance changes on the engine specifically... I have to look onto it as well but normally for T135s', there could be some changes for every series but wont differ much from its predecessor... That is kinda interesting, I will provide feedback in a week or so regarding this bro...

thanks in advance for that bro!

traxxas-modifier

Super LOLO
Staff member
pEkz said:
another question about the new model of t135... i've talked to one of a sniper owner and noticed that his newly claimed t135 has R-Edition.. it's also a blue hand cluth model but the difference is the silver fairing parts is no black....

hmm i havent heard about this..
hopefully the R means its a new engine upgrade and not
just a marketing gimmick...

@xproject
maybe they have squished the head a little bit.
because its possible to shave off 1mm on stock block
without hitting the piston..

but let us know bro from your connections...

its in the yamaha vietnam website also see below

X Project

Super Veteran
traxxas-modifier said:
pEkz said:

hmm i havent heard about this..
hopefully the R means its a new engine upgrade and not
just a marketing gimmick...

@xproject
maybe they have squished the head a little bit.
because its possible to shave off 1mm on stock block
without hitting the piston..

but let us know bro from your connections...

its in the yamaha vietnam website also see below

Thanks for the specs, sorry my bad, I got confused but it is 11.0 to/: 1... That explains it all... I though you mean 11 to 0/ 11:0 ratio... Thanks for the pix as well...

X Project

Super Veteran
boldstardex said:
are there blue sniper models for 09 units? or they are just red/black models?
I usually see the black ones... Have'nt seen a blue new model Snipers around here yet but I guess there are some...

chiglai

Super Veteran
will it be possible if they made a modification on the head? probably smaller chamber to increase compression? since its stated that its also 54x58.7 so i assume same bore and stroke lenght as the previous models,

@x project
bro can you give us more details on this once you get a hold of this new bike? hehehe thanks...

X Project

Super Veteran
chiglai said:
will it be possible if they made a modification on the head? probably smaller chamber to increase compression? since its stated that its also 54x58.7 so i assume same bore and stroke lenght as the previous models,

@x project
bro can you give us more details on this once you get a hold of this new bike? hehehe thanks...
Good thinking there but it could be reduced vertically not horizontally as the head's squish area should atleast match the piston's... If the compression ratio is really set to 11:1 then I would say that the Deck Height was adjusted to reduce Negative Deck... If the combustion chamber was indeed modified to widen the area then I would assume that the piston is at Positive Deck settings... I cant assure the new T135s' settings until I opened up one or atleast get feedback from friends...

pEkz

Super Veteran
X Project said:
boldstardex said:
are there blue sniper models for 09 units? or they are just red/black models?
I usually see the black ones... Have'nt seen a blue new model Snipers around here yet but I guess there are some...

@boldstarex and xproject - the r-edition that im saying above is the blue hand clutch model (old style)...

chiglai

Super Veteran
weve opened the red HC sniper i really didnt noticed something new on the top end of the engine, is the red HC the R series?

pEkz

Super Veteran
chiglai said:
weve opened the red HC sniper i really didnt noticed something new on the top end of the engine, is the red HC the R series?

the blue HC model...