• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

185cc 63mm Malossi

HKholic

Just a question bro, why don't you want to try the Faito Cams? What's the brand of the crankshaft that you installed in you T135? Here in our country for the Sniper MX (5 speed T135) there's no available crankshaft that would fit.
Not entirely true. I am using a Faito crank in a Vietnam Exciter (same as SMX 5 speed) and it does work with a minor modification! ;)

xclickclickx

Veteran
Just a question bro, why don't you want to try the Faito Cams? What's the brand of the crankshaft that you installed in you T135? Here in our country for the Sniper MX (5 speed T135) there's no available crankshaft that would fit.
Faito Cams don't make the power curve that im looking for, Im just running stock crankshaft i will intall one next year.
HKholic installed a 4mm jack up crank on his 5speed 2011 Yamaha no worries :D he just had a few minor things he had to do to make it work.

jval15 whats your personal favorite cam? and it's specs? better not be a vixion cam;) they make me want to do this :sleepy:

RX4439

What a wonderful modification u got there bro!!!
Well done!!!
I'm interested with the list of ur cam shaft. u need to try another one.
Faito Low Cam Advance . In order to get the best perfomance, need to give little bit advance during adjust magnet marking, use I insted I-I.
Bro, u must try this cam.

xclickclickx

Veteran
What a wonderful modification u got there bro!!!
Well done!!!
I'm interested with the list of ur cam shaft. u need to try another one.
Faito Low Cam Advance . In order to get the best perfomance, need to give little bit advance during adjust magnet marking, use I insted I-I.
Bro, u must try this cam.
I compared my bike against another LC185
using different valvesprings, valves and Faito EVO cam (is EVO the Low advanced cam?)

RX4439

I compared my bike against another LC185
using different valvesprings, valves and Faito EVO cam (is EVO the Low advanced cam?)
Nice mods, BTW Faito EVO Cam the early this year production. But the Faito Low Cam Advance is the latest model.
Hurm, just want to know, are u mods ur gearbox ratio?

xclickclickx

Veteran
i think faito and Vixion are a bit cliché, to make an engine perform better then others you must do something different from others
....Then keep it secret hahaha:D there are plenty of Camshafts that haven't been reviewed for example the Low advanced Faito cam is how many degrees? an interesting comparison would be to use the High Speed Racing high lift advance cam against Faito Low advance cam but not many people are willing to experiment and try another cam to compare...

Also a Camshaft can be very deceiving you may have a cam shaft that start really working at about 7500rpm and it feels really strong when it starts working.. but also you might have a cam that starts working at 3000rpm and feels a lot more torque and smoother, so it doesn't feel as powerful....

A perfect example:
UMA highlift Cam vs CMS cam

The Uma racing cam feels very fast because it starts working very high in the revs kicks in very powerful all at one time my motorbike still has the same top speed of around 150km but when using the CMS cam the power delivery begins at 3000rpm and wraps on smoothly and it still has the same topspeed of 150km it doesn't have the poweful kick that the UMA does ( only at high revs) so when comparing them the CMS cam would always get a good 50m!!!! off the start (we were roll starting in 2nd gear if starting off the line maybe a good 75m!) and because it the CMS cam has the same top end power as the UMA cam has the CMS can hold it's lead.....on a track with a lot of turns and off and on the throttle CMS would make UMA look silly!

But saying all that UMA is still a good cam and it FEELS more poweful but it's not.
:coffee:...>>>really off to make a cup of tea after that :D

xclickclickx

Veteran
And what was the outcome of this comparison? I take it you used the CMS..........:coffee:
No im still currently using the UMA cam at them moment unitl i go shopping and get a new one!
The result is Uma beats Evo i don't know what the Evo actually does and where it kicks in though i don't swap my bike over with local riders so i didn't get to ride it, just know that my bike goes a lot better. also his exhaust was factory but cut out with a big front pipe but he had power to weight ratio againt me as he was using Suzuki Raider rims and he is a little man,

I like comparing with me and my fathers bike it's much more easier to see the difference in modifications as we know that theres almost no difference apart from i have about 1-3m a head of him on my bike and when we swap bikes theyre about the same..... thats just because i weigh about 10kg less

HKholic

i think faito and Vixion are a bit cliché, to make an engine perform better then others you must do something different from others
....Then keep it secret hahaha:D there are plenty of Camshafts that haven't been reviewed for example the Low advanced Faito cam is how many degrees? an interesting comparison would be to use the High Speed Racing high lift advance cam against Faito Low advance cam but not many people are willing to experiment and try another cam to compare...

Also a Camshaft can be very deceiving you may have a cam shaft that start really working at about 7500rpm and it feels really strong when it starts working.. but also you might have a cam that starts working at 3000rpm and feels a lot more torque and smoother, so it doesn't feel as powerful....

A perfect example:
UMA highlift Cam vs CMS cam

The Uma racing cam feels very fast because it starts working very high in the revs kicks in very powerful all at one time my motorbike still has the same top speed of around 150km but when using the CMS cam the power delivery begins at 3000rpm and wraps on smoothly and it still has the same topspeed of 150km it doesn't have the poweful kick that the UMA does ( only at high revs) so when comparing them the CMS cam would always get a good 50m!!!! off the start (we were roll starting in 2nd gear if starting off the line maybe a good 75m!) and because it the CMS cam has the same top end power as the UMA cam has the CMS can hold it's lead.....on a track with a lot of turns and off and on the throttle CMS would make UMA look silly!

But saying all that UMA is still a good cam and it FEELS more poweful but it's not.
:coffee:...>>>really off to make a cup of tea after that :D
(ATTN: I don't want this to turn into a "best " cam debate)
Interesting comparison "E". More information on different cams is always appreciated!:D Although our experiences may differ slightly. I find the UMA a rather anemic cam. Meaning it is "lazy" in power delivery. Yes it has top end, but building up to that power is uneventful. I used a Faito Turbo for quite a while. Yes I like it, but it's top end signs off a tad early. Took me trying a CMS cam to see what the Turbo was actually doing for power delivery. The Turbo does come on earlier and runs through the rpm's fast. It has good power, but signs off early. Now the CMS cam, damn! Has a lot of topend and comes on earlier than the UMA. Granted it lacks the bottom end the Turbo offers, the topend compensates for that. It really comes down to want you want. Bottom-to-mid or mid-to-top. I will run the CMS for a while. It is different and enjoy the topend pull. I gained 10-15km/h in "each" gear with the CMS vs the Turbo. So kudos to you "E" for the additional info. Ride safe all!

HKholic

No im still currently using the UMA cam at them moment unitl i go shopping and get a new one!
The result is Uma beats Evo i don't know what the Evo actually does and where it kicks in though i don't swap my bike over with local riders so i didn't get to ride it, just know that my bike goes a lot better. also his exhaust was factory but cut out with a big front pipe but he had power to weight ratio againt me as he was using Suzuki Raider rims and he is a little man,

I like comparing with me and my fathers bike it's much more easier to see the difference in modifications as we know that theres almost no difference apart from i have about 1-3m a head of him on my bike and when we swap bikes theyre about the same..... thats just because i weigh about 10kg less
Haha........understandable. You want find me swapping bikes with some "yo-yo" I don't know either. Looks like I REALLY do need to drive down for a couple of days to do some serious back-to-back testing with 3 different set-ups!:cool: Numerous different cams. different displacement, western food.............damn, sounds like a kick in the pants.:D

xclickclickx

Veteran
(ATTN: I don't want this to turn into a "best " cam debate)
Im Glad you like the CMS cam! :thumbsup:

Yea i agree about the uneventful side of the Uma cam but what i thought when using the UMA cam compared to the CMS is the torque,
The Uma cams peek torque is incredibly high in the Revs and as for the CMS cam it has a lot more torque (instant crack) at mid range and it still has the top end torque so the power curve i could imagine would have a nice smooth curve where as the UMA only has torque at High RPM so the only time it the power kicks in is when your really hammering it at 7500rpm+

Best way to describe what i mean, is if the UMA cam was cruising along at 100km then you change to 4th gear and wrap the throttle on nothing will happen till high revs then you go "wow now im going very fast"
Where the CMS if you changed to 4th then wrap it on you just pick up speed straight away you dont have to wait for much to kick in.

xclickclickx

Veteran
Haha........understandable. You want find me swapping bikes with some "yo-yo" I don't know either. Looks like I REALLY do need to drive down for a couple of days to do some serious back-to-back testing with 3 different set-ups!:cool: Numerous different cams. different displacement, western food.............damn, sounds like a kick in the pants.:D
Sadly im going to be heading off to Perth Australia for my first time,
All im doing there is going there to work and collect some good money and come back i've been running on empty the last 6months :(
So should be a good experience i don't know how long until i will be back but i want enough coin for a 600cc stunt bike or a z1000 and a huge rear sprocket...no need for speed in vietnam only need for wheelies:D (ive only ever owned dirtbikes, motards and scooters! except a cbr250rr but that doesn't count! so looking forward to it!) also some stage next year i want to get an apartment as an investment at 19 or 20yrs old...
also a jack up crank for my bike so hopefully your bike won't kick my ass :D
so ill probably go away for about 3-5months come back and head back to oz for a bit more..its really busy in Perth at the moment so ill just milk it well im my age!! well im over there ill still be looking for any possible jobs over here or any possible opportunities like starting a small business and making it grow :)

HKholic

Im Glad you like the CMS cam! :thumbsup:

Yea i agree about the uneventful side of the Uma cam but what i thought when using the UMA cam compared to the CMS is the torque,
The Uma cams peek torque is incredibly high in the Revs and as for the CMS cam it has a lot more torque (instant crack) at mid range and it still has the top end torque so the power curve i could imagine would have a nice smooth curve where as the UMA only has torque at High RPM so the only time it the power kicks in is when your really hammering it at 7500rpm+

Best way to describe what i mean, is if the UMA cam was cruising along at 100km then you change to 4th gear and wrap the throttle on nothing will happen till high revs then you go "wow now im going very fast"
Where the CMS if you changed to 4th then wrap it on you just pick up speed straight away you dont have to wait for much to kick in.
Bingo! My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup: