• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Planning to Change CDI any suggestion please

jonix666

helo mga papz... me nka BRT dual band plug n play na po sya ndi na rin me ng palit ng kung anu ano p sa mkina... auz nmn performance 10/10 prang nk 2 CDi me every time i want to set my bike into limit just switch off the RCDi vice versa... it will unleashed the true power of YAMAHA T135... :) :) :) :)

Dragaddik

Sir...bakit sa rextor cdi hard starting especialy when u gave little amount on trottle???but when u just push the starter and no trottle easy start...

Paladin

Super Veteran
With regards to rCDI, the popular brands are rextor and BRT. For me Rextor is better but I regard this as "for racing use only" coz its not for everyday use. It gets busted easier specially if the battery is low. BRT comes down into hyper band, dualband, and 6 step adjustable. For me 6 step adjustable is too expensive. Dual band can be set into race mode or normal mode but it's useless if without adjuster. So it will be set into race mode when bought out from the store. Anyway, why buying rCDI if you will just set it into normal mode? Should have stayed on stock CDI then... I favor Hyperband since it's cheaper than dual band and is set into race mode already and will avoid the confusion of whether is on normal or race mode like the usual questions on dual band.

With regards to whether it has an effect on increasing the RPM or not, defintely it will increase the RPM because it has no limiter. But since your stock valve springs has a limit of up to a certain RPM so you may not maximize the unlimited RPM your rCDI can give because the valve spring floats.

I hope this helps.

John Angelo Cantal

Super Veteran
Bro do u have idea on hw to knw f our battery was drain or nt working? So dat we can avoid to busted our cdi.i see der is two lyts on my brt hyperbnd. The one was grin and the other was red. Wat dis min?

Paladin

Super Veteran
Bro do u have idea on hw to knw f our battery was drain or nt working? So dat we can avoid to busted our cdi.i see der is two lyts on my brt hyperbnd. The one was grin and the other was red. Wat dis min?
Koso digital speedometer has volt meter. By this we can monitor battery voltage.

thon

Super Veteran
Koso digital speedometer has volt meter. By this we can monitor battery voltage.
John Angelo Cantal, if you cant afford to buy Koso digital speedometer , you can also check your battery using digital multimeter. It should be more than 12volts.

glen_01

Veteran
koso voltmeter bro if you cant afford the whole digital speedometer, i busted my 2 rcdi one is rextor because of low bat. what i do now is direct the power of the cdi to the bat. and put a relay on it.

John Angelo Cantal

Super Veteran
Im planing to buy digital speedo. But lot of negative cmment for the speedo. Dats y ive already change my mind. Btw my friend also told me about the relay. Cn i knw wat brand of relay?

Paladin

Super Veteran
What is important with koso digital speedometer is that you should not have over voltage. It will bust your digital gauge. Second, make sure that water will not penetrate the inside mechanism of your digital gauge. Third, do not expose the gauge on prolonged direct sunlight because the color of the lighting fades along the process.

takomi

Super Veteran
With regards to rCDI, the popular brands are rextor and BRT. For me Rextor is better but I regard this as "for racing use only" coz its not for everyday use. It gets busted easier specially if the battery is low. BRT comes down into hyper band, dualband, and 6 step adjustable. For me 6 step adjustable is too expensive. Dual band can be set into race mode or normal mode but it's useless if without adjuster. So it will be set into race mode when bought out from the store. Anyway, why buying rCDI if you will just set it into normal mode? Should have stayed on stock CDI then... I favor Hyperband since it's cheaper than dual band and is set into race mode already and will avoid the confusion of whether is on normal or race mode like the usual questions on dual band.

With regards to whether it has an effect on increasing the RPM or not, defintely it will increase the RPM because it has no limiter. But since your stock valve springs has a limit of up to a certain RPM so you may not maximize the unlimited RPM your rCDI can give because the valve spring floats.

I hope this helps.
so we need to change valve spring to increase and maximize the RPM that rCDI could produce and avoid the valve float,.?