• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

pics from Brunei race on sunday 27.5.07

surkrew

Super Veteran
here's a link to a bruneian photographer who happens to be at the race yesterday. got a pic of me (bike 24). don't ask the result. i don't know who won although i joined. ahhahahahah

i lost as i fell alot of times during the race. apparently, my bike is fast, but the handling's poor. gota get that solved for the next round.

http://www.bruneiforever.com/gallery/v/ ... 47/races2/

http://www.castamara.blogspot.com/

*argh, my body hurts from all the falls*

surkrew

Super Veteran
my bike handling is poor.. coz the front end is still high. plus, ya i need more practise on the race track.

tsunami

Super Veteran
Hmm u use what tire and what size for front. Usually we use 90/90 for front tire with 110/90 tire eventhough its heavy but it could support more handling dude

phian

haha bro brunie got 125z too?in msia/spore tat bike is a devil's bike....the last time i went brunei only see few bike only..most superbike

surkrew

Super Veteran
tsunami, i used original size tyre, after recommendation from the mechanics. wanted to use 80/90 front and 100/80 rears actualy.. should have done that. ahhahaha but anyways, i will do that for the next race.

phian, yes, we do have alot of 125z. when did u come to brunei? ever since the malaysian remp-it video came out, we get to see more and more kapcai's in brunei.. it's alot already.. but not as much as in malaysia la... u get the picture...

surkrew

Super Veteran
i thought 80/90 --> the 80 is the tyre width, and 90 is the height.. same goes for the 100/80.. 100 is d width, 80 is height.. correct?

tsunami

Super Veteran
surkrew said:
i thought 80/90 --> the 80 is the tyre width, and 90 is the height.. same goes for the 100/80.. 100 is d width, 80 is height.. correct?
Yup you are right but what i means is suppose to use 100/90 to get more balance...i have and experience use 90/80 for rear tire and its seem not enough balance when i take a lap...and 80/90 is smooth when i lap..so i recomended you too use 80/90 front with 100/90 or 110/90 rear.

Up to you otherwise thats your money....

surkrew

Super Veteran
oooh...ok.. i get what u mean now.. i'll have a think about that. thanks tsunami.

btw, what tire pressure should i use for track? i was recommended to use 30, but the other day i used 28, but my brother told me i should have used 25. any opinion?

surkrew

Super Veteran
i've got no pics of the 2nd race.. too busy packing up my bike onto my dad's ford ranger and all the needed race suits and helmets and tool boxes that i forgot to bring my camera! hahaha

i've checked the local photographer's websites, and they have not uploaded pictures from the 2nd race.

FYI:
for the 2nd race, i've changed my front inner tubes and used the spark 110 (jupiter z) inner tube, which lowers it by 2-3cm. and i used Dunlop 80/80 both front and rear. i didn't have enough money to buy a rear 100/80. but i got both dunlops 80/80 for about RM145 in limbang.

anyways, i was 2nd for the first few laps then, unfortunately, i fell down.. again.. hahahahah man.. i must really suck!! hahahahah

the next race is on the 1st July. still considering to join or not...

surkrew

Super Veteran
hahahahaha thanks rooster. FYI: the race is postponed tentatively to the 8th July. will definitely join again :D