• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Hid With Fast Charging During Hid Use Only - Diy Diagram

bhek_21

Super Veteran
REVISED as of Nov. 13, 2012

This diagram is based on the idea of our fellow riders out there. I just compiled them for our guidance, enlightenment and to help our fellow riders who wants to make DIY or just have information what was done in HID installation. But some installer may or may not applied this installation that I posted in their previous installation but you can still apply this if you haven't.;)

The idea of this diagram is this.
  • When you are using your HID, Fast charging will commence.
  • When you are not using your HID, normal charging will commence.
In this configuration, our battery will not be over charged because of no load and to protect most of our electrical components due to over voltage (result of over charging)

I've put the actual wiring diagram of HID kit.. It's just plug and play..:D but you need to change your system to battery operated.:thumbsup:

Note:
Cut the yellow-red wire going to your headlight switch and secure the it with electrical tape.
Other mechanics cut the yellow-red wire near the stator.

SNIPY 135

Super Veteran
papz can you show actual pix from the wiring of rectifier, switches,
and also the relay for single and hi/low HID...tnx:D

bhek_21

Super Veteran
papz can you show actual pix from the wiring of rectifier, switches,
and also the relay for single and hi/low HID...tnx:D
I will put the picture soon, just wait for a while my friend..:D I will install the HID myself and apply the diagram that I've posted..:thumbsup:

bhek_21

Super Veteran
I will put the picture soon, just wait for a while my friend..:D I will install the HID myself and apply the diagram that I've posted..:thumbsup:
@all

Sorry I forgot to take picture last night while I'm doing my DIY HID installation by following the diagram that I've posted above.. the outcome is..

A VERY BIG ":D".. :thumbsup:

Luigi#16

sorry but i didnt quite understood :) im just not good in this electrical wirings.. but my mechanic did cut the yellow wire in the rectifier and my parklyt was always getting busted then after a month or two my HID was installed, my battery always drains.. i charged it til 11.8V then after a week it was already drain then i charged again and got drained again in less than a week.. i changed my mechanic and he said that the earlier mechanic didnt cut a wire.. i think its the yellow wire connecting to the stator (i think).. then he said my lights would get busted if that wire wasnt cut.. my friend then said it wont get drain again but if it does, maybe there's something wrong with my battery.. after 3days my battery got drained again :(

bhek_21

Super Veteran
sorry but i didnt quite understood :) im just not good in this electrical wirings.. but my mechanic did cut the yellow wire in the rectifier and my parklyt was always getting busted then after a month or two my HID was installed, my battery always drains.. i charged it til 11.8V then after a week it was already drain then i charged again and got drained again in less than a week.. i changed my mechanic and he said that the earlier mechanic didnt cut a wire.. i think its the yellow wire connecting to the stator (i think).. then he said my lights would get busted if that wire wasnt cut.. my friend then said it wont get drain again but if it does, maybe there's something wrong with my battery.. after 3days my battery got drained again :(
First of all, lighting system should be battery operated. If he didn't cut the yellow-red wire going to your headlight, all your auxiliary lights will definitely get busted. Take note that if you cut the yellow-red wire either near the rectifier or stator, your charging voltage would be 15V~16V at high RPM. This is dangerous to our system specially to your CDI because our system is only 12V (+/- 10% tolerance normally). The diagram that I've posted above is just a band-aid solution. It will protect our system during no load (HID OFF).

In order to avoid battery drain, turn off your HID if you are fully stop (at traffic lights). There are other set up that you can turn ON your HID all throughout without battery drain.. ;) I know someone who can do it. No cutting of yellow wire and with stock rectifier only.. It is very safe compare to the above diagram..:thumbsup:

Luigi#16

i s
First of all, lighting system should be battery operated. If he didn't cut the yellow-red wire going to your headlight, all your auxiliary lights will definitely get busted. Take note that if you cut the yellow-red wire either near the rectifier or stator, your charging voltage would be 15V~16V at high RPM. This is dangerous to our system specially to your CDI because our system is only 12V (+/- 10% tolerance normally). The diagram that I've posted above is just a band-aid solution. It will protect our system during no load (HID OFF).

In order to avoid battery drain, turn off your HID if you are fully stop (at traffic lights). There are other set up that you can turn ON your HID all throughout without battery drain.. ;) I know someone who can do it. No cutting of yellow wire and with stock rectifier only.. It is very safe compare to the above diagram..:thumbsup:
i see thanks for the info :)

Rommel Mamaril

sir what's the safe way in using HID w/out lowbat.? who is this certain someone? hehe. having problems with my HID. Sniper MX . tnx sir!!

bhek_21

Super Veteran
sir what's the safe way in using HID w/out lowbat.? who is this certain someone? hehe. having problems with my HID. Sniper MX . tnx sir!!
Sir if you are at stoplights and your lane is at halt, turn off your HID. This will prevent your battery not to lowbat immediately.. The person that I'm referring to is from the other station (MCP). He is Genezide.. He is the answer to all HID concerns and to the no lowbat set-up..:) A bit pricey but worth it.. I've never tried it yet but soon I will, I'm still saving breads..;):D Maybe you can tell him that I (bhek_21) refer him to you.. He can give you some advices for HID..:thumbsup:

Rommel Mamaril

Sir if you are at stoplights and your lane is at halt, turn off your HID. This will prevent your battery not to lowbat immediately.. The person that I'm referring to is from the other station (MCP). He is Genezide.. He is the answer to all HID concerns and to the no lowbat set-up..:) A bit pricey but worth it.. I've never tried it yet but soon I will, I'm still saving breads..;):D Maybe you can tell him that I (bhek_21) refer him to you.. He can give you some advices for HID..:thumbsup:
ah ok!! thanks for the info.!!! :D

guitarizta

Super Veteran
@bhek_21 bro, what color of wire to tap in my headlight/auxiliary switch to activate the relay installed? i see only yellow/red, blue & blue/black wire which wire would it be?..i'm going to replace my single beam HID to a hi/low HID. currently my trigger for the relay to activate is on the yellow wire on my HI/LOW switch. but since i'm going to use hi/low HID the trigger must be on my headlight/auxiliary switch.

guitarizta

Super Veteran
follow-up question, i'm a little bit confused with the wires on the HID kit (slim ballast type) I bought on where to connect them I just want to verify if I'm right. first, there are 2 wires near the fuse 1 black(-) & 1 red(+), if i'm not mistaken they are for the battery terminals right? second, another 2 wires again 1 white & 1 blue (see pic below) don't know where to connect them on my MC but i think they are for the HI (yellow wire) & LOW (green wire) am i right?
1347598409_438445018_1-Pictures-of--Brand-New-Motorcycle-HID-convertion-kit-w-slim-ballast.jpg

bhek_21

Super Veteran
@guitarizta
Bro according to what I've seen on my bike (I think it is typical to your too) and on my diagram.

Yellow/Red - Power supply coming from stator/rectifier
Blue - For Auxiliary/ Park Light
Blue/Black - from Head light switch going to your Hi/Lo switch

On the Hi/Lo HID, the trigger should be on the Hi/Lo switch.. Actually the Hi/lo HID kit is just plug and play..

The red and black (with fuse) are to be tapped to the battery terminals.. Red (Positive) & Black (Negative)
The other two wires of your HID kit (blue and white) are for the High beam and low beam respectively..
Tap the blue wire of your HID kit to the yellow (HI) of your bikes Hi/Lo switch and the white to the green (LOW)..
You're understanding is correct..:thumbsup: HTH;)