• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Given The Current Trends Of Modification, What Do You Prefer The Most? Speed Or Looks?

Paladin

Super Veteran
Modification for better look is more expensive than modifying for speed since there are a lot to buy to make it pretty.

tabi1

Super Veteran
Modification for better look is more expensive than modifying for speed since there are a lot to buy to make it pretty.
Depends on what you do to gain speed, there's some expensive parts out there too for that end, considering other things you do for speed, ie suspension, handling, tires, etc that all relate to speed as well as looks.

Paladin

Super Veteran
Depends on what you do to gain speed, there's some expensive parts out there too for that end, considering other things you do for speed, ie suspension, handling, tires, etc that all relate to speed as well as looks.
Things you are referring does not add much on speed but contributes more on looks. I'm referring to major parts and modifications. This is more on engine upgrades.

rich_havens

Super Veteran
i modified first the looks... then the speed...

never mind the cost for as long as your happy and satisfied with what you did with your bike then its perfectly fine...

IMHO

Julio25

Veteran
Things you are referring does not add much on speed but contributes more on looks. I'm referring to major parts and modifications. This is more on engine upgrades.
thats right sir paladin..:thumbsup::thumbsup: even on stock tires and shocks can accomodate high speed IF you modify the engine..BTW im on speed because if R150 wants to test my bike then lets get it on!!:p:D:dance: stock looking bike BUT monster on the inside..:inlove::inlove:

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
speed is my priority.put that speed parts, take off that fairings and show that modified engine, rcdi light, open carb, open pipe, rimset, whalla you got looks in an instant. :)

tabi1

Super Veteran
I have to disagree with you. If you think only "engine" upgrades add speed then you are sadly mistaken. Take any race team whether it be for 2 or 4 wheels and just engine upgrades are only the beginning. Yes, somethings are more for "looks" but when it comes to suspension, braking, etc,,, they are all a big factor to speed. I have seen lots of guys build monster motors and end up on the short end of the stick on race day as they cant hook up or suspension issues have them all over the place.

Just my .02 cents, everyone has their own opinions and that's what makes this life interesting.

Paladin

Super Veteran
I have to disagree with you. If you think only "engine" upgrades add speed then you are sadly mistaken. Take any race team whether it be for 2 or 4 wheels and just engine upgrades are only the beginning. Yes, somethings are more for "looks" but when it comes to suspension, braking, etc,,, they are all a big factor to speed. I have seen lots of guys build monster motors and end up on the short end of the stick on race day as they cant hook up or suspension issues have them all over the place.

Just my .02 cents, everyone has their own opinions and that's what makes this life interesting.
I respect you opinion bro.

...Please review my previous posts. I never mentioned that "looks" doesn't contribute on speed. I'm referring to major engine upgrades for obvious diference on power and speed.

Last edited:

tabi1

Super Veteran
I respect you opinion bro.

...Please review my previous posts. I never mentioned that "looks" doesn't contribute on speed. I'm referring to major engine upgrades for obvious diference on power and speed.
Cool, then we shall agree to disagree as it's obvious that you and I have different views on what's for looks and speed, etc.

Take care and ride safe.

astridnoelle

Veteran
Hi to all!

For me, personally, I try to strike the optimal balance between looks & speed/performance...

A good example would be tires. Since this is a general topic nonetheless, tires can contribute to both looks & speed. If you put on better quality tires, obviously it looks good instantly. In the long run, if you trust these better tires, you approach your limits smarter, you learn to push more, hence, you have more speed.

All the conversations here are very insightful indeed. Of course, engine mods (including electrical-related mods) are guaranteed to give varying amounts of speed, dependent on the mods done. This is fairly objective since we can dig up numbers to support our desire to go faster, i.e., 59mm block, #22 jets, 42-teeth rear sprockets, 28mm carbs... You get the idea.

Looks, on the flipside, is fairly subjective. Someone might find a bare-naked T135 with the biggest cylinder head in town a thing of beauty, while some will find it a mess. Someone whose T135 is clad in replica factory decals & rearsets & titanium side mirrors may find it alluring, but some may see it as overdone. You also get the idea.

In the end, go with what's more to your liking!

Ride safe! Peace!

leatherback

Veteran
No way, for almost two years, this thread is still in the front page...

Hahahaha... Looks and Speed pa more.. anyway, i'm no longer riding my sniper, my wifey got really really angry coz of too much mods.. that's my bad side..

snipermxmalayaklan

Super Veteran
No way, for almost two years, this thread is still in the front page...

Hahahaha... Looks and Speed pa more.. anyway, i'm no longer riding my sniper, my wifey got really really angry coz of too much mods.. that's my bad side..
it's not angry but jealous paps for she felt she's #2 by how you took care your beloved snipey. btw if you don't mind paps, what's your mode of transpo today?