• If your have CLUB EVENTS/RIDE & would like to announce it here,
    Message traxxas-modifier about it :-)

Air Filter Mods..

astridnoelle

Veteran
Hi everyone! I was cleaning my carburetor the other day when I thought of tinkering with my airbox. I know there are a lot of air filters out there, but I'm not sure which are ok. I know that I'll have to adjust the pilot & idle screws, but that'll be just fine. I was thinking about installing a velocity-type or mushroom type air cleaner. Any tips or advice? And do I have to do parallel modifications, like anything concerning the exhaust pipe or such? Any help will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

xander1986

Veteran
Hi everyone! I was cleaning my carburetor the other day when I thought of tinkering with my airbox. I know there are a lot of air filters out there, but I'm not sure which are ok. I know that I'll have to adjust the pilot & idle screws, but that'll be just fine. I was thinking about installing a velocity-type or mushroom type air cleaner. Any tips or advice? And do I have to do parallel modifications, like anything concerning the exhaust pipe or such? Any help will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

try UMA Cone type Air Filter or RAD cone type Air filter you can order it from Kent Rainier Buenaventura (aka) KR_SNIPER

HKholic

You can take out the air box and simply run a pod filter but need to rejet. It will be A LOT louder. :D

astridnoelle

Veteran
You can take out the air box and simply run a pod filter but need to rejet. It will be A LOT louder. :D
Sir, Pod filter? like the mushroom or dome types? How about the 2 hoses on the bottom of the airbox? Uhmm, can i just tune my carb? i hate rejetting hehe..